Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 7, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #6,481 of 7,856
how much does Traillii change with Attila? what does he have more or different?
It’s been ages but from memory versus stock 1960, Atilla buffs up technicalities slightly with a slightly overall drier sound. It focuses more on bass and lower midrange than the stock 1960’s upper mids. Atilla is a bit tighter, warmer.

Both were great and offer different flavors.

May 7, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #6,482 of 7,856
Finally got to hear ext yesterday.

Quite simply, I was very surprised. It really gives up the mids that made ely great, and I find the estat treble to be a bit sharp. Bass is solid.

I feel like I much prefer ve’s ba-tuned treble. For me, the original ely is preferable…and I still find the erlky to be massively better in nearly every way than both.

Erlky remains a tuning masterpiece for me to this day.

Jewel en route…

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #6,483 of 7,856
May 7, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #6,484 of 7,856
Finally got to hear ext yesterday.

Quite simply, I was very surprised. It really gives up the mids that made ely great, and I find the estat treble to be a bit sharp. Bass is solid.

I feel like I much prefer ve’s ba-tuned treble. For me, the original ely is preferable…and I still find the erlky to be massively better in nearly every way than both.

Erlky remains a tuning masterpiece for me to this day.

Jewel en route…
Glad you are back! I agree.

May 7, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #6,485 of 7,856
how much does Traillii change with Attila? what does he have more or different?

I didn't compare it to stock cable, but the combination of Attila and Traillii is really good. It adds transparency and more 3D, more accurate positioning of instruments. The sound is more organic and more natural. This is compared to EA Cleo.

Oh, the Attila + Trailli is my second favourite Trailli combo! Only after Orphy + Trailli. But Orphy is 7000+ USD for just a cable. For under 5000 USD, sometimes even 4500 or so, you can get Attila plus Mason FS which is itself an incredible IEM and extremely complementary to the bird.

Attila + Trailli has a soundstage as wide as the original 1960s Trailli, but to my ears deeper, cleaner and more holographic with a tad bit more height. Detail and separation is improved and sounds are flensed of extra fat and flab, which 1960s give them -- especially the bass. I downright hate Trailli base w its original cable, hurts my ears, way too much for me. Impressive for 10 minutes, sure, but not for the all-day listening I do with IEMs. Attila also has great treble with Trailli, maybe taking the 1960s sparkle down a lbit, but similar overall (the treble is nice with the original cable actually).

The main thing the Attila does is turn that bird + 1960s bass from something that fills the entire bottom of the image -- like a splashy ocean -- to a nice, tight, bouncy, coherent ball. This adds to holography and also allows me to turn the volume up a bit, which improves every other frequency of the bird. (With 1960s, the bass becomes so overpowering it limits volume -- and this with quite a few sources).

The other thing Attila does, which might be up to taste, but I liked it so much I ordered Attila interconnects from my DAP to C9 to get more of it -- is dry up the sound. Attila's got this dry, slightly dusty, mildly warm quality that's hard to describe if you haven't heard that kind of sound before. It's also what people call "analogue" when connected to the bird. I don't know if you know how analogue drum machines and synths from the 70s and 80s sound? I mean dry 808s, house music electronics, not reverb-laden synthwave. The kind of sounds used later in, for example, Radiohead's "Idioteque". Attila has that kind of analogue dryness. It's very complementary/balancing to the bird's wet and liquid wow-factor. Sometimes the two form the perfect pairing, sometimes (rarely) it's a tad bit too dry for me, but I prefer dry to splashy wet any time (again, 1960s with the bird).

And then you get the Mason FS which is an IEM that has tonal accuracy, note weight and, yes, to me also realism superior to Trailli. Plus a generally more relaxed and evening-time presentation complementary to Trailli. The two were perfect together. To me, Attila saved the bird. I was ready to sell it, got the Mason to replace it. Then the Attila corrected everything I disliked about it. (To others it might be different, though -- you might like the big liquid bass and the wow factor).

Then I bought the Orpheus and now no IEM I listen to is allowed to be attached to anything else again, so the Attila gets little play. But that's because Orpheus is straight up IEM heroin.

Really curious to see if the Red Halo with the special First Times is the first IEM where I prefer the original cable to Orphy... two more weeks til it comes.

Anyway, that was my endless analysis of Attila Trailli.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #6,486 of 7,856
Oh, the Attila + Trailli is my second favourite Trailli combo! Only after Orphy + Trailli. But Orphy is 7000+ USD for just a cable. For under 5000 USD, sometimes even 4500 or so, you can get Attila plus Mason FS which is itself an incredible IEM and extremely complementary to the bird.

Attila + Trailli has a soundstage as wide as the original 1960s Trailli, but to my ears deeper, cleaner and more holographic with a tad bit more height. Detail and separation is improved and sounds are flensed of extra fat and flab, which 1960s give them -- especially the bass. I downright hate Trailli base w its original cable, hurts my ears, way too much for me. Impressive for 10 minutes, sure, but not for the all-day listening I do with IEMs. Attila also has great treble with Trailli, maybe taking the 1960s sparkle down a lbit, but similar overall (the treble is nice with the original cable actually).

The main thing the Attila does is turn that bird + 1960s bass from something that fills the entire bottom of the image -- like a splashy ocean -- to a nice, tight, bouncy, coherent ball. This adds to holography and also allows me to turn the volume up a bit, which improves every other frequency of the bird. (With 1960s, the bass becomes so overpowering it limits volume -- and this with quite a few sources).

The other thing Attila does, which might be up to taste, but I liked it so much I ordered Attila interconnects from my DAP to C9 to get more of it -- is dry up the sound. Attila's got this dry, slightly dusty, mildly warm quality that's hard to describe if you haven't heard that kind of sound before. It's also what people call "analogue" when connected to the bird. I don't know if you know how analogue drum machines and synths from the 70s and 80s sound? I mean dry 808s, house music electronics, not reverb-laden synthwave. The kind of sounds used later in, for example, Radiohead's "Idioteque". Attila has that kind of analogue dryness. It's very complementary/balancing to the bird's wet and liquid wow-factor. Sometimes the two form the perfect pairing, sometimes (rarely) it's a tad bit too dry for me, but I prefer dry to splashy wet any time (again, 1960s with the bird).

And then you get the Mason FS which is an IEM that has tonal accuracy, note weight and, yes, to me also realism superior to Trailli. Plus a generally more relaxed and evening-time presentation complementary to Trailli. The two were perfect together. To me, Attila saved the bird. I was ready to sell it, got the Mason to replace it. Then the Attila corrected everything I disliked about it. (To others it might be different, though -- you might like the big liquid bass and the wow factor).

Then I bought the Orpheus and now no IEM I listen to is allowed to be attached to anything else again, so the Attila gets little play. But that's because Orpheus is straight up IEM heroin.

Really curious to see if the Red Halo with the special First Times is the first IEM where I prefer the original cable to Orphy... two more weeks til it comes.

Anyway, that was my endless analysis of Attila Trailli.
thanks for your answer. You were very clear.

May 8, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #6,487 of 7,856
Audiophilia is really quest.
I usually buy them in Japan and then use the services of a forwarder to deliver from there.
Can you please give me some instructions? Sorry for the bother. I'm just at a wits end! Thanks so much...

May 8, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #6,488 of 7,856
May 8, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #6,490 of 7,856
Giving the Bird a run out with the Luxury & Precision LP6 Ti 7th Anniversary Edition, using the sound profile for the Trailii.

93D6BCCD-F600-4C01-9F7A-9A83038E787C.jpeg

May 8, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #6,491 of 7,856
Next month i will buy Traillii with First Time
I have Red Halo Fe with Attila,so i can compare the 2 cable
Orpheus too crazy price for me for an earphones cable
You might wish to contact MusicTeck in the US to see what deal he ( Andrew ) can give you first. The First Times cable is excellent, but that bundle is already expensive. It might not be allot more to get the Orphy with it. Just a thought to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.

May 8, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #6,492 of 7,856
Thanks,
i am in contact with Andrew,already bought from him Red Halo Fe and Aroma Jewel that arrive next week,and in june i want to buy Traillii,and hope to finish my collection.
I hope Andrew will do good price,but i saw price list of first time is 2400 usd and Orpheus 7.400 usd,so even with very good price the difference is always a lot.
Then i listen some preferred the first time to orpheus because midnass is little less full
I have Lotoo LPGT TI so sure Orpheus will be perfect.
We see next month what happen

May 8, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #6,493 of 7,856
Thanks,
i am in contact with Andrew,already bought from him Red Halo Fe and Aroma Jewel that arrive next week,and in june i want to buy Traillii,and hope to finish my collection.
I hope Andrew will do good price,but i saw price list of first time is 2400 usd and Orpheus 7.400 usd,so even with very good price the difference is always a lot.
Then i listen some preferred the first time to orpheus because midnass is little less full
I have Lotoo LPGT TI so sure Orpheus will be perfect.
We see next month what happen
Don't know what "finish my collection" mean, but I think that a Fir Frontier series or Elysian lab, will be well placed in anyone collection

May 8, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #6,494 of 7,856
Don't know what "finish my collection" mean, but I think that a Fir Frontier series or Elysian lab, will be well placed in anyone collection
You have right,is since 1973 i buy a lot hiend products from my hifi system,i have 4 important hi end system and always think to buy some.

For earphone i was thinking also to Fir Xe6 and buy in future a the dap LP7 will arrive in future

May 8, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #6,495 of 7,856
Thanks,
Nice lineup. I agree with mmoderni-something like the Elysian X would compliment those IEMs with its treble-focus, since lower treble can be a bit lax in the Jewel and Bird. But it’s more of a master-of-one IEM to my ears, so if you don’t listen to EDM/trance/synth tracks, or care for vivid but smooth treble, then perhaps it won’t fit in your collection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back