Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Aug 7, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #4,036 of 7,856
Restock fee is usually 20%, so for this guy, $1300+ :astonished:

Someone told me, assuming we are talking about Andrew/Musicteck?, if you really dislike the product and change your mind, in some situations to avoid restocking fee you can apply the credit toward another product purchase from the store.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #4,037 of 7,856
Someone told me, assuming we are talking about Andrew/Musicteck?, if you really dislike the product and change your mind, in some situations to avoid restocking fee you can apply the credit toward another product purchase from the store.
I did that to get my Traillii. I figured that if I didn’t like the Traillii enough to keep it, the restocking fee I would have paid would be the loss on the Traillii resale… but after about 6 weeks with the Traillii I’m still amazed every listen.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #4,038 of 7,856
Demo from Andrew (MusicTeck) and no restocking fee. You will only be out the shipping which is fair. As you must insure it the shipping will not be cheap, but well worth it to make sure. You must, however, put up the total cost as insurance which is also fair.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #4,039 of 7,856
Bonus levels unlocked. Shame on all of you.

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #4,041 of 7,856
I have dealt with Andrew many times; purchasing and demoing plenty from him.

It is extremely hard for me to believe he would charge anyone $1300 if they were dissatisfied and simply made a return.

Sure, he needs to run a business and can't just be demoing out all of his new equipment endlessly, but he provides some of the best CS I've encountered in all my years buying audio stuff.

If there's a reasonable way to make you happy and develop and maintain a good relationship with a customer, Andrew will find a way.

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #4,042 of 7,856
There is a Traillii for sale at record low price but seller resides in overseas. Hmmmm
What are you waiting for?

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #4,043 of 7,856
I have dealt with Andrew many times; purchasing and demoing plenty from him.

It is extremely hard for me to believe he would charge anyone $1300 if they were dissatisfied and simply made a return.

Sure, he needs to run a business and can't just be demoing out all of his new equipment endlessly, but he provides some of the best CS I've encountered in all my years buying audio stuff.

If there's a reasonable way to make you happy and develop and maintain a good relationship with a customer, Andrew will find a way.
I've had nothing but positive experiences from Andrew as well. The suggestions given here on procurement and demoing have only added to the value proposition of continuing to buy from MusicTeck.
I was only pointing out the standard written policy and the hilarity (to me) of cost if it were subjected to such a fee. I don't doubt he would work on a suitable resolution, if you found yourself in such a situation.

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #4,044 of 7,856
I’ve also gotten demo units (which I kept for several days), made several purchases and returned a few items with Andrew @MusicTeck. He is indeed the most patient, kind and considerate sales person I’ve dealt with.

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #4,045 of 7,856
I think I had it for around 4 days. I just explained that it was crazy expensive and one day isn’t enough. Andrew is super understanding. I’ve never had something from him on demo for only one day unless I didn’t like it and sent it back early willingly.
It wouldn't make sense for Andrew to only allow a few days for an overseas demo. I'd expect at least a week, given shipping and insurance will typically run into hundreds of dollars to get where I live. Also I'd want to be able to keep the unit if I liked it - doesn't make any sense to pay for return shipping and go through the whole process again for a replacement of the same product.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #4,047 of 7,856
I've had nothing but positive experiences from Andrew as well. The suggestions given here on procurement and demoing have only added to the value proposition of continuing to buy from MusicTeck.
I was only pointing out the standard written policy and the hilarity (to me) of cost if it were subjected to such a fee. I don't doubt he would work on a suitable resolution, if you found yourself in such a situation.
Andrew at @MusicTeck is a lovely guy that deserves some kind of award for service to this industry, in my opinion. Literally the best customer service I have ever encountered.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #4,048 of 7,856
It wouldn't make sense for Andrew to only allow a few days for an overseas demo. I'd expect at least a week, given shipping and insurance will typically run into hundreds of dollars to get where I live. Also I'd want to be able to keep the unit if I liked it - doesn't make any sense to pay for return shipping and go through the whole process again for a replacement of the same product.
He cannot have multiple “open box” units which is why he usually only uses the demo unit for that purpose. I am sure he would allow purchase of the demo unit. Bottom line, ask Andrew and he will do his best to work with you.

Aug 8, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #4,049 of 7,856
How come Traillii is sounding so good with W2 (and my iPod touch)?! Do I even need to keep my SP2000? 🤔

7BD228F6-1AB5-49BF-8AC9-65A7027CDE16.jpeg

Aug 8, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #4,050 of 7,856
How come Traillii is sounding so good with W2 (and my iPod touch)?! Do I even need to keep my SP2000? 🤔

7BD228F6-1AB5-49BF-8AC9-65A7027CDE16.jpeg
I sold my SE200 because the W2 sounded so good and is so convenient.

Is it as good as the SE200, no. Is it good enough for me to free that cash up, clearly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back