Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #2,971 of 7,856
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #2,972 of 7,856
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #2,973 of 7,856
Those are for TWS. The ones being discussed are the new version for IEMs.
I see. I really like the Azla SednaEarfit tips anyway. The Xelastec are great for Airpods Pro, but I didnt really like them for my IEMs.

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #2,974 of 7,856
I am following the path of some of you by giving up more IEMs to probably end up with the Traillii + the LegendX SE (for now)

Jun 18, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #2,975 of 7,856
I am following the path of some of you by giving up more IEMs to probably end up with the Traillii + the LegendX SE (for now)
All of you folks with LX or LXSE are making it increasingly hard for me to resist getting a demo.

What would be the main reason someone would choose the original over the SE and vice versa?

Jun 18, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #2,976 of 7,856
Tried the SednaEarfit Crystal on the Bird.
The Tips feels like the Xelastec but should keep the round shape.
It sadly grabs all the dust and debris like the Xelastec. Compared to the Light Short I don't ear a major difference, I think I am not that good.
They are as easy to fit as the Light Short. They seal better.

TLDR: I don't rec these tips if you like the Light Short.
If you like the Xelastec but would like something that will keep its shape longer, it could be for you
I think the Light Short and new Crystal have similar length and diameter, just the texture of the material is different. So the difference probably is going to be more apparent in terms of comfort and seal. If you can, please try this one with longer stem https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/15993/1719/ I'm keen to know what you hear between that and the blue Light Short :) Thanks

Jun 18, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,978 of 7,856
I get that some people are scared of bass, and for some reason think you can never have too many upper mids, but when it comes to LX...

e2f391dd7722a26387ff81bae9b2b198.gif

(The original, obviously).

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #2,979 of 7,856
I get that some people are scared of bass, and for some reason think you can never have too many upper mids, but when it comes to LX...

e2f391dd7722a26387ff81bae9b2b198.gif

(The original, obviously).
In custom form.

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #2,980 of 7,856
All of you folks with LX or LXSE are making it increasingly hard for me to resist getting a demo.

What would be the main reason someone would choose the original over the SE and vice versa?
LX for warmer, darker tuning that compliments Traillii (albeit technical discrepancy that usually comes with the territory), and LXSE for a more balanced but upper mids and lower treble focus at expense of texture and staging.

The LX and LXSE honestly compliment each other pretty well, but I can’t really imagine a need for LXSE with Traillii due to brighter tuning, meanwhile LX definitely can make a case for itself due to completely different signature

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #2,981 of 7,856
In my case (and of course, everything is down to personal taste), the LX original sounded too muffled when it came to voice, sure the bass were there, but (forgive me the next sentence) for Strong bass and lack of details, I can use airpod Max or Sony WF.
With the LX SE, sure it has a bit less rumble for the bass, but the rest of the frequencies are good now.

Basically, I switch to LXSE when I want a break from the Bird/Susvara which have textured bass but not the same slam. However when coming back to the bird, I remain very happy with the overall experience, I don't think for a second it lacks bass.

The UM Mest mk2, like the Odin are the ones that for me are "like the Bird, but definitely not at the level" so I end up no more finding a reason to use them.
While the LXSE is my choice if I know I will go a bit more EDM than acoustic, while not complaining every steps like I was doing with LX for the higher part of the frequencies.

But I would say that if you like the LX, no reason to get the SE.

Jun 18, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #2,982 of 7,856
You mean, like the Traillii has ? 😉
241DACF0-B45E-42DE-8062-FC7876518D06.jpeg
Any curve of the FS by the way ?
That's not a dip btw. Lower mids are neutrally tuned here, a bit on the thick side actually. The 2-4khz bump is needed to equalize for pinna loss and the bass bump makes up for loss of air movement compared to over ears. Anything else than this is bloated lowermids

Jun 18, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #2,983 of 7,856
That's not a dip btw. Lower mids are neutrally tuned here, a bit on the thick side actually. The 2-4khz bump is needed to equalize for pinna loss and the bass bump makes up for loss of air movement compared to over ears. Anything else than this is bloated lowermids
He was talking about the lower treble dip.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #2,984 of 7,856
He was talking about the lower treble dip.
Oh well, I shouldn't be writing posts at 3 am haha. Sorry for that! The lower treble dip is actually created electronically

Jun 19, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #2,985 of 7,856
I’ve been waiting to have the opportunity to post in this thread with my first impressions of the bird. Instead of going down the usual list and language of a mini review I’m going to simplify my comments. Once you go bird there’s no going back. The bird changes everything. I have played almost every genre of music and played songs I know very well for my first day with them. I chose songs that would push the limits of the low end bass on some iems I have, the bird didn’t break a sweat. I did the same with songs that have limitations in the higher frequencies and so on with every factor. The bird delivers on everyone of them. It not only delivers on it, it excels at all of it. It makes the rest of the vast iem market basically fighting for 2nd. @CL14715 told me it would be like this but until you experience it, there’s no way to truly understand. I’ve been buying, selling, and trading gear for 25+ years and have experienced great moments of discovering great new gear. However, nothing compares to this. The level at which the bird soars over the rest is significant in terms of overall iem. I can’t find anything it does poorly. Really can’t find anything it does just good. It does everything exceptionally well. Thanks to @CL14715 for the support during the journey and for Andrew @MusicTeck for shipping these to me quickly! (And answering a few questions along the way.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back