Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jan 17, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #6,032 of 7,929
So, may can also use a Bluetooth receiver. Like the popular Fiio Btr5 or analogues from Shanling, iFi, etc.
If you are asking if BTR5 can be used with LP6, probably no. I believe BTR5 only has analog audio out. LP6 will take digital inputs - either SPDIF or USB.

Jan 18, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #6,033 of 7,929
If you are asking if BTR5 can be used with LP6, probably no. I believe BTR5 only has analog audio out. LP6 will take digital inputs - either SPDIF or USB.
Oriolus 1795D bluetooth reciever would have SPDIF output into LP6. I am going to try this unique setup with traillii, that i may guess it would be one of the best bluetooth setup, by taking digital bluetooth signal, and probably the best portable amp and DAC from LP6

Jan 18, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #6,034 of 7,929
Holy macaroni.. To think I almost sold the T twice...

The first time I figured out I only could get a decent fit and SQ for my Shrek ears by reversing large foam tips. Normal use of comply tips are horrible because the entrance is deformed in my ear. By reversing I get a good fit and SQ is not hampered by a squishy tip entrance.

Even so, I always felt the T sounded too light in the bass department. Which does not make any sense: everyone raves about the T's bass. Last week I saw the post about custom eartips, that could solve my problem. This inspired me to try (and reverse) other brands of comply eartips again before I venture this custom tip route. I am soooo happy I did.

T500.jpg

I own the T for more than half a year, but never truly enjoyed the T. Now with the reversed Comply t500 the T sings like never before. It is kind of insane how much I was missing out. I did not realize that the previous foam tip was too long and mayby even too narrow. The great thing is, the T fits now supremely comfortable and can withstand my uncontrollable head bobbing during music listening. :L3000:

The Shanling M9 is an amazing musical partner: the T is now finally that portable Susvara I hoped for. My Sus setup is end game territory: it is powered by a very beefy Naim amp or the Volot and sourced by the incredible MAY KTE Dac. Also, a crapload of tweaking with EQ and HQplayer and quite a few of cable upgrades. The Sus sounds literally perfect to my ears.

The amazing thing is: how well the T with the M9 compares to my Sus: sure the Sus is better in some technical aspects. The T has fantastic resolution and soundstage, but my Sus is better here. TBH it is not important anymore, the Traillii + Reversed T500 Comply tips and Shanling M9 seems to hit the nail on the head for me and really reminds me of my Susvara setup. Finally.

I just cannot stop listening to music and not be worried about technicalities. Currently I cannot imagine I need more tweaking. Pretty darn impressive.

But you guys knew this already. So happy I did not sell the T...

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #6,035 of 7,929

The first time I figured out I only could get a decent fit and SQ for my Shrek ears by reversing large foam tips. Normal use of comply tips are horrible because the entrance is deformed in my ear. By reversing I get a good fit and SQ is not hampered by a squishy tip entrance.

Even so, I always felt the T sounded too light in the bass department. Which does not make any sense: everyone raves about the T's bass. Last week I saw the post about custom eartips, that could solve my problem. This inspired me to try (and reverse) other brands of comply eartips again before I venture this custom tip route. I am soooo happy I did.
Le reversal !! :astonished:

roRsqRI.png

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #6,036 of 7,929
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #6,037 of 7,929
I just want to say having owned the Trailii for a while now, paired with the L&P P6Pro, I've never enjoyed my collection more, even on my over $40K home system. The level of detail, nuance, separation, realism, etc. is often staggeringly good. And I honestly feel the "Bird" needs a source as good as the P6Pro to really shine.
Listening to classic tracks like the Association's "Never My Love", which over the course my life I've heard hundreds of times, sounds absolutely fresh and like it was recorded yesterday and I was there! Or the Dooby Brothers "Black Water" in 24/96 I was hearing things I never heard before. I could go on and on with hundreds of tracks gushing over how and why they sound so amazing. You guys know what I mean..... I'm sooo happy I stretched my budget (even buying used) to acquire this combo. Sonic bliss.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #6,038 of 7,929
I just want to say having owned the Trailii for a while now, paired with the L&P P6Pro, I've never enjoyed my collection more, even on my over $40K home system. The level of detail, nuance, separation, realism, etc. is often staggeringly good. And I honestly feel the "Bird" needs a source as good as the P6Pro to really shine.
Listening to classic tracks like the Association's "Never My Love", which over the course my life I've heard hundreds of times, sounds absolutely fresh and like it was recorded yesterday and I was there! Or the Dooby Brothers "Black Water" in 24/96 I was hearing things I never heard before. I could go on and on with hundreds of tracks gushing over how and why they sound so amazing. You guys know what I mean..... I'm sooo happy I stretched my budget (even buying used) to acquire this combo. Sonic bliss.
I'm curious about how you'd compare the Penon Legend to Traillii. Not so much on a technical front but more tuning wise. I'm curious because I recently ordered a Penon Volt CIEM for use in train commutes (which can get way too rowdy for me to feel comfortable using the bird there) and the Penon "house sound" is said to be somewhat similar across their lineup.

Jan 20, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #6,039 of 7,929

Happy to hear you are still have your Bird, and finally found a tip that works for you. I had the same issues, and honestly had my Traillii up for sale for a few weeks and had completely given up hope. I simply could not get a good fit or seal. I found it bright, lacking in bass, although the imaging and stage was very apparent. Then @bigbeans recommended Eartunes Fidelity U tips, and it changed everything.

I cannot recommend them more. They are oval shaped, and fit like a custom, honestly. They also sound more open, lively and even than any tips I have tried, removing some of the honk I hear with Azla, and none of the heat or stickiness. I used to use 64A foams flipped backwards, same as you. Tried every other tip I could find, nothing works for me. The Eartunes just slide in, seal, and go.

I am so happy I didn't sell the Traillii, I was really really close. When they fit right, oh man. Sooooo good. The bass is killer, and reaches so deep I can feel my spine vibrate sometimes. Paired with the Orphy and P6 Pro the timbre, texture, stage and imaging is out of this world. I would go so far as to say ridiculously good, but I begin to wax poetic here. Just wanted to share that my journey was similar to yours, and sounds like the outcome is similarly happy too :)

20220120_154332-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #6,040 of 7,929
Happy to hear you are still have your Bird, and finally found a tip that works for you. I had the same issues, and honestly had my Traillii up for sale for a few weeks and had completely given up hope. I simply could not get a good fit or seal. I found it bright, lacking in bass, although the imaging and stage was very apparent. Then @bigbeans recommended Eartunes Fidelity U tips, and it changed everything.

I cannot recommend them more. They are oval shaped, and fit like a custom, honestly. They also sound more open, lively and even than any tips I have tried, removing some of the honk I hear with Azla, and none of the heat or stickiness. I used to use 64A foams flipped backwards, same as you. Tried every other tip I could find, nothing works for me. The Eartunes just slide in, seal, and go.

I am so happy I didn't sell the Traillii, I was really really close. When they fit right, oh man. Sooooo good. The bass is killer, and reaches so deep I can feel my spine vibrate sometimes. Paired with the Orphy and P6 Pro the timbre, texture, stage and imaging is out of this world. I would go so far as to say ridiculously good, but I begin to wax poetic here. Just wanted to share that my journey was similar to yours, and sounds like the outcome is similarly happy too :)

20220120_154332-01.jpeg
I tried to sell my Traillii before it even arrived -- BNIB! And still trying to sell it... as soon as I find its imaginary twin CIEM. :wink:

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #6,041 of 7,929

20220120_154332-01.jpeg

Thanks for the tip, pun intended... :)))

Just ordered the Large version, to bad shipping to Europe is more expensive than the tips themselves. If it does not work, I do not feel bad about at all, the reversed comply t500 does already the job. But my curiosity is triggered: I have to try your suggestion. The only way to find out is to try. Thanks!

Jan 20, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #6,042 of 7,929
I also really liked the Xelastec and Crystal in terms of both convenience and sound. They heat up and soften in the shape of the ear canal. Occasionally worth a try. Usually I don't really like these tips, but with a bird they turned out to be appropriate.

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #6,044 of 7,929
This eartips are great with Traillii as well!
I recently tried them and I think it's individual.
They are good, but lose to Crystal and Xelastec. And stock, too. They make the sound a little simpler at high frequencies. This is important to me. However, when you need a little more comfortable treble and good comfort, this is a really good option. Just little IMHO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back