Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 12, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #3,601 of 7,994
I haven’t heard the Bird but agree that the one area the Isabellae might fall short is in staging, which is fairly intimate.

Thanks for saving my wallet from trying these. Intimate stage is one of my pet peeves on any transducer.

I suspect it is all relative. Would really like to see an Isa / IE900 direct comparison as that would help set some context, and both are far closer together in terms of being musically tuned single DD's.

If I do a DTB (direct-to-bird) comparison, the IE900 is also fairly intimate and markedly less wide and deep.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #3,602 of 7,994
Out of interest, has anyone done any more cable rolling?

Apart from the Orpheus, there does not seem to be many (or any) alternative cable pairings providing similar to stock performance. I ask primarily due to looking for ergonomic improvements, without major sacrifices in the sound.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #3,603 of 7,994

Apart from the Orpheus, there does not seem to be many (or any) alternative cable pairings providing similar to stock performance. I ask primarily due to looking for ergonomic improvements, without major sacrifices in the sound.

Paging @twister6 lol

Also if anyone is considering going for a custom faceplate, seriously only do it if you can hang onto your Traillii in the mean time. I regret it already and I’m like one and a half weeks in. May not be the case for everyone but I’m missing them badly.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #3,604 of 7,994

You are not going to like my answer... and stock cable is in the middle:

1626111881188.png

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #3,605 of 7,994
Jul 12, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #3,607 of 7,994
Jul 12, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #3,609 of 7,994
You are not going to like my answer... and stock cable is in the middle:

1626111881188.png
Oh lord-is it on the warmer but highly technical side like the Orphy?

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #3,611 of 7,994
Shouldn't the top one be the best?:xf_wink:

All about the pair up synergy. With 1960 4W in the middle, the "other" two offer a different fine-tuning flavor in opposite directions.

But here is the thing. If you get 64audio or VE, as an example, you need to upgrade the cable. When you get the Bird, unless you have extra money for mega-kilo-buck investment or you are really bothered by microphonics, you are all set!

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #3,612 of 7,994
All about the pair up synergy. With 1960 4W in the middle, the "other" two offer a different fine-tuning flavor in opposite directions.

But here is the thing. If you get 64audio or VE, as an example, you need to upgrade the cable. When you get the Bird, unless you have extra money for mega-kilo-buck investment or you are really bothered by microphonics, you are all set!
Shouldn’t you expound a bit on the sound of the 3 cables ( Centurion, Traillii 1960 4-wire, and Orpheus)? I hear bake-off! Tks.

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #3,613 of 7,994

Agreed! All my cables were originally bought for my Noir, M5 and other IEMs that I used to own.

I've tried cable rolling for the bird with Code51, Crystal dream duet and Iliad, because of the microphonics(damn it!). Unfortunately none of those could equalize the stock 1960s on the bird to my taste... So I still remain highly intrigued by the Aeneid :thinking:

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #3,614 of 7,994
I own an LCD-X with a Gumby mjol 2 stack at home alongside my dx300 and a12t. How would you guys compare the traillis to some higher end cans? I’ve been debating if I should upgrade from the X to Utopias or just sell everything and buy the traillis. I prefer iems slightly as I’m not bound to my desk and can share the listening experience with others more easily.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #3,615 of 7,994
I own an LCD-X with a Gumby mjol 2 stack at home alongside my dx300 and a12t. How would you guys compare the traillis to some higher end cans? I’ve been debating if I should upgrade from the X to Utopias or just sell everything and buy the traillis. I prefer iems slightly as I’m not bound to my desk and can share the listening experience with others more easily.

Try get a demo. At the end of the day they still aren’t headphones. Not sure selling a bunch to blind buy would be the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back