Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 11, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #3,586 of 7,998
I am not sure any of my audio equipment is worth it. However, though they are expensive, they are the best IEM I have heard. Some folks have also mentioned the UM Fusang and I auditioned it. For me, it is good, but I prefer the Traillii. I felt like there was a veil over the music ( including the mids ) in comparison to the Traillii. I could certainly live with it, but in comparison I would rather listen to my Traillii.

Basically how I heard the FS too, with a veil. You should hear the Elysian Annihilator, it makes the Traillii almost sound veiled because there’s so much upper mid range energy lol.

Jul 11, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #3,587 of 7,998
Basically how I heard the FS too, with a veil. You should hear the Elysian Annihilator, it makes the Traillii almost sound veiled because there’s so much upper mid range energy lol.
My wallet thanks you for this post.. :)

Jul 11, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #3,588 of 7,998
Are there any good planar IEMs in the market today? If so, I have not encountered them. Not sure if that is due to where I hang out or if there is a dirth of good planar monitors.
I don't think there are any

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #3,590 of 7,998
I don't think there are any
There's the Audeze Euclid. And a few more I'm sure.
Because of what I said about the FS or Annihilator? Lol.
Yes, I had the same thought... Actually contemplated adding the word "twice" to my post.. 😊 But mainly the Annihilator, if it's that forward I know for sure it won't be for me.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #3,591 of 7,998
Traillii basically takes this same sort of mid/vocal centred/impeccably balanced tuning and adds the deepest most vividly holographic stage I've ever heard.
I haven’t heard the Bird but agree that the one area the Isabellae might fall short is in staging, which is fairly intimate. For most of my library this isn’t a problem at all, but on certain tracks I do wish for some more expansiveness to the soundstage.

That said, if this can only come at the cost of timbre then count me out (regardless of the 10x price difference).

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #3,592 of 7,998
Are there any good planar IEMs in the market today? If so, I have not encountered them. Not sure if that is due to where I hang out or if there is a dirth of good planar monitors.
I have the TRI I3 and for a relatively inexpensive IEM, the planar mids are quite euphonic and enjoyable. Obviously not in the same league of technicalities (nor price) of many of the IEM's under discussion here, and YMMV.

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #3,593 of 7,998
Basically how I heard the FS too, with a veil.
ditto.
You should hear the Elysian Annihilator, it makes the Traillii almost sound veiled because there’s so much upper mid range energy lol.
curious...

anything that makes the traillii sound veiled, I need to hear.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #3,594 of 7,998
I haven’t heard the Bird but agree that the one area the Isabellae might fall short is in staging, which is fairly intimate. For most of my library this isn’t a problem at all, but on certain tracks I do wish for some more expansiveness to the soundstage.

That said, if this can only come at the cost of timbre then count me out (regardless of the 10x price difference).
The timbre of the Traillii is superb. For me, timbre is the most important aspect of any transducer. If the timbre is not correct, all the detail and sound staging in the world will not make up for it. Both the Erlk and Bird nail it, while both are a bit different. At the moment, I give the edge to the bird.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #3,595 of 7,998
That I will have to hear.

Let me know if the X ( that is the one you said you were getting, correct?) can do this without getting harsh in the upper mids (female vocals) and treble. Tks.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #3,596 of 7,998
I used to think erlky had perfect timbre.

After the bird, I now feel the erlky is slightly over-warm in comparison.

Still, erlky timbre is among the best I’ve heard, and excellent for genres like classical. the physicality and weight it gives to instruments is fantastic.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #3,597 of 7,998
That I will have to hear.

Let me know if the X ( that is the one you said you were getting, correct?) can do this without getting harsh in the upper mids (female vocals) and treble. Tks.

For sure I’ll let you know. I’m not expecting the timbre to be as accurate or real as Traillii but I’ll share when I have it.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #3,598 of 7,998
I used to think erlky had perfect timbre.

After the bird, I now feel the erlky is slightly over-warm in comparison.

Still, erlky timbre is among the best I’ve heard, and excellent for genres like classical. the physicality and weight it gives to instruments is fantastic.
I agree. As we have said in the past, the Erlk shoots for neutral and is what I call romantic in its deviations from that. Honestly though, right now I seem to only be choosing the bird. It is so good and it has a better fit for me. Tks.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #3,599 of 7,998
The timbre of the Traillii is superb. For me, timbre is the most important aspect of any transducer. If the timbre is not correct, all the detail and sound staging in the world will not make up for it. Both the Erlk and Bird nail it, while both are a bit different. At the moment, I give the edge to the bird.
I agree, but I prefer DD timbre. If UM can make a high end 3DT, that would be my ideal monitor.

Jul 12, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #3,600 of 7,998

Thanks for saving my wallet from trying these. Intimate stage is one of my pet peeves on any transducer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back