Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 19, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #2,986 of 7,997
99BC7A96-427E-4371-83B4-671E25C199DC.jpeg

another measurement of the Traillii

Jun 19, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #2,987 of 7,997
Jun 19, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2,988 of 7,997
I’ve been waiting to have the opportunity to post in this thread with my first impressions of the bird. Instead of going down the usual list and language of a mini review I’m going to simplify my comments. Once you go bird there’s no going back. The bird changes everything. I have played almost every genre of music and played songs I know very well for my first day with them. I chose songs that would push the limits of the low end bass on some iems I have, the bird didn’t break a sweat. I did the same with songs that have limitations in the higher frequencies and so on with every factor. The bird delivers on everyone of them. It not only delivers on it, it excels at all of it. It makes the rest of the vast iem market basically fighting for 2nd. @CL14715 told me it would be like this but until you experience it, there’s no way to truly understand. I’ve been buying, selling, and trading gear for 25+ years and have experienced great moments of discovering great new gear. However, nothing compares to this. The level at which the bird soars over the rest is significant in terms of overall iem. I can’t find anything it does poorly. Really can’t find anything it does just good. It does everything exceptionally well. Thanks to @CL14715 for the support during the journey and for Andrew @MusicTeck for shipping these to me quickly! (And answering a few questions along the way.)
How much did @CL14715 pay you to give him this glowing review? I mean I put up with the guy but this is over the top!

Oh wait, there were Traillii comments here too. It is an impressive listen, Erlkonig is another level as well, if you haven't you should just give it a listen. Between those two, it isnt about better, it is about mood.

Jun 19, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #2,989 of 7,997
I’ve been waiting to have the opportunity to post in this thread with my first impressions of the bird. Instead of going down the usual list and language of a mini review I’m going to simplify my comments. Once you go bird there’s no going back. The bird changes everything. I have played almost every genre of music and played songs I know very well for my first day with them. I chose songs that would push the limits of the low end bass on some iems I have, the bird didn’t break a sweat. I did the same with songs that have limitations in the higher frequencies and so on with every factor. The bird delivers on everyone of them. It not only delivers on it, it excels at all of it. It makes the rest of the vast iem market basically fighting for 2nd. @CL14715 told me it would be like this but until you experience it, there’s no way to truly understand. I’ve been buying, selling, and trading gear for 25+ years and have experienced great moments of discovering great new gear. However, nothing compares to this. The level at which the bird soars over the rest is significant in terms of overall iem. I can’t find anything it does poorly. Really can’t find anything it does just good. It does everything exceptionally well. Thanks to @CL14715 for the support during the journey and for Andrew @MusicTeck for shipping these to me quickly! (And answering a few questions along the way.)
It’s nerve-racking to recommend something so god forsaken expensive! I’m glad that you received it as well as most others. Now it’s time to rethink all your other IEM’s and some headphones haha.

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #2,990 of 7,997
Can’t imagine BGGAR doing a video on the bird.
Could be fun though... I hope he does. Btw I still haven't seen a video review yet. Or did I miss one?

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #2,991 of 7,997
It’s nerve-racking to recommend something so god forsaken expensive! I’m glad that you received it as well as most others. Now it’s time to rethink all your other IEM’s and some headphones haha.
Don't worry. The $6000 price point is becoming acceptable. Just wait until the next $8500 IEM comes out that everyone loves.

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #2,992 of 7,997
Don't worry. The $6000 price point is becoming acceptable. Just wait until the next $8500 IEM comes out that everyone loves.

If the product is good enough people will pay, the oBravo Ra is a perfect example of where people do not pay for an expensive IEM… lol.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #2,993 of 7,997
I remember purchasing the Layla somewhere around 2015 thinking I have lost my marbles. At that time, that just broke all kinds of price barriers. I forget what I paid, they were somewhere near 2000, I think. I remember when I got my Frankenstein bolts I was so disappointed because the fit was so bad that I couldn't achieve a perfect seal, however when I did achieve a seal they sounded phenomenal. Which is why I revisited this IEM with the Layla Aion. In 2015 I was clearly at a different level than 99.9% of the folks. Happy to see many more folks enjoying these upper tier items.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #2,994 of 7,997
Can’t imagine BGGAR doing a video on the bird.

Neither can I, but it's going to happen and I'll have my popcorn for whatever the outcome...

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #2,995 of 7,997
Trying the QDC V14 now, the bass on these is pretty damn incredible. Deep sub bass, great texture, and quite a fair bit of quantity (more than Traillii). That’s about where the fun ends though. Traillii is just an absolute different animal just about everywhere else, especially in treble and technicalities. Obviously there’s different tunings so I’ll keep messing with it.

Side note: this R6 2020 is amazing.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #2,997 of 7,997
Could be fun though... I hope he does. Btw I still haven't seen a video review yet. Or did I miss one?
Most of the YouTube 'influencers' a) get their IEMs sponsored and b) wouldn't know what to do with a Bird. At least BGGAR, for all his flaws, buys most of his own review gear. Look forward to his take on the GOAT.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,999 of 7,997
I remember purchasing the Layla somewhere around 2015 thinking I have lost my marbles. At that time, that just broke all kinds of price barriers. I forget what I paid, they were somewhere near 2000, I think. I remember when I got my Frankenstein bolts I was so disappointed because the fit was so bad that I couldn't achieve a perfect seal, however when I did achieve a seal they sounded phenomenal. Which is why I revisited this IEM with the Layla Aion. In 2015 I was clearly at a different level than 99.9% of the folks. Happy to see many more folks enjoying these upper tier items.
Funny you mention the Layla. I bought one last year as a custom. I am so sorry I did that. It is no match for the Traillii or Erlk. Overall I like my VX much better as well. Worst purchase I ever made. Why I wanted a custom of it I still cannot figure out. Maybe it is just a fit thing. Sorry for the rambling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back