Oriolus Isabellae DD IEM discussion thread
Jun 15, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #257 of 278
I have these for many weeks now and they can still suprise me. They really are that good and knowing that I also have the bird they both give me equal pleasure. Took me a while to find the right tips (my right ear is a bit more sensitive.…thats the one in which my gf shouts) and settled for spiral dots++. Pefect sound, comfort and…easy to fit.

Jun 15, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #258 of 278
I have these for many weeks now and they can still suprise me. They really are that good and knowing that I also have the bird they both give me equal pleasure. Took me a while to find the right tips (my right ear is a bit more sensitive.…thats the one in which my gf shouts) and settled for spiral dots++. Pefect sound, comfort and…easy to fit.

That's so funny that you posted this today.

I too have reacquainted myself with these fantastic IEMs over the last several days. I've been running them through my HiBy R8 and have been so happy with the tuning. A very pleasing and high quality sound from the Isabellae. Very engaging and easy to listen to for long sessions.

Glad that you're loving them too. And yes, they do require some patience in finding the right tips to get a comfortable fit. But once you find the match then it's happy times listening to your favorite music.

Jun 15, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #259 of 278
Thanks - just arrived today and the mediums fit just fine for me. Never gonna replicate the seal of etys obviously but do the job with the Isas just right. Great tips.

I am still a huge fan of the SpinFit CP155

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #260 of 278
The Isabellae is tuned magnificently with the stock cable. It’d be interesting whether they could be improved on with a cable upgrade.

And how much difference it makes.

Don’t see too many parting with it. It’s such good value
I'd be interested in this too - I'm wondering what I could get here in the UK in terms of un upgraded balanced cable. Any ideas? - max I'd be willing to spend is £80 or so given the cost of the ISAs...

Jun 21, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #264 of 278
IMG_1384.jpg

So these arrived yesterday. OOTB these are really addictive with a very distinct sound tuning which is hard to describe except to say it is addictive. Am burning these in. Love them so far!

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #266 of 278
I'd be interested in this too - I'm wondering what I could get here in the UK in terms of un upgraded balanced cable. Any ideas? - max I'd be willing to spend is £80 or so given the cost of the ISAs...
As it is a single DD, reducing the cable impedance should not change the frequency response un-uniformly, like it would with a multi-BA IEM. I also really like this cable.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #270 of 278
I join the club late, but to my surprise, this little bird really sings, and when it is called upon, the bass is also quite satisfactory. I am using Eletech Baroque tips and I also use a headband to wrap this to my head in my slow jogging. This combination (Baroque tips and wrapping the vent) could be a secrete sauce. Will try cable rolling later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back