Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Feb 16, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #1,489 of 1,871
Guys, what type of tip works best for you with the Oriolus mk2?

I'm using small Acoustune silicone tips, which are pretty dang good quality, and the sound is kind of bright in the treble and anemic through the lower midrange... Sounds thin :/

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #1,490 of 1,871

I'm using small Acoustune silicone tips, which are pretty dang good quality, and the sound is kind of bright in the treble and anemic through the lower midrange... Sounds thin :/

I've been getting good results from the Comply Sport Pros

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,491 of 1,871

I use Acoustune tips as well, but it sounds like Spiral Dots or foams wound suit you better.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #1,492 of 1,871
Feb 21, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,493 of 1,871
Ares II have a bit aggressive mids and upper treble - what zen does it even it out and smoothen it out and sounds more balanced to me. At least more enjoyable - the cable feels better too something like No.5.

I have the Han Sound Audio - Zen 8 wire now. Been listening to it today with the AMP2 (my usual AMP8 is being sent for repair). I feel it's a little unexciting compared to the Ares II 8-wire. It's not super smooth like the PW Audio No.5, which is good, but it just sounds a little boring. I can see this cable being a good option for those that find the Ares too bright though. It has good tonal balance and the bass, while it has more body to it, is not too overdone. Maybe my opinion will change once I get AMP7 in tomorrow, which is supposed to be very similar to AMP8. AMP2 is not iBasso's best amp...

I'll likely use the Zen 8 with my Hyla CE-5 though, which is what I had intended anyway.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #1,494 of 1,871
I have the Han Sound Audio - Zen 8 wire now. Been listening to it today with the AMP2 (my usual AMP8 is being sent for repair). I feel it's a little unexciting compared to the Ares II 8-wire. It's not super smooth like the PW Audio No.5, which is good, but it just sounds a little boring. I can see this cable being a good option for those that find the Ares too bright though. It has good tonal balance and the bass, while it has more body to it, is not too overdone. Maybe my opinion will change once I get AMP7 in tomorrow, which is supposed to be very similar to AMP8. AMP2 is not iBasso's best amp...

I'll likely use the Zen 8 with my Hyla CE-5 though, which is what I had intended anyway.
To each and it's ow, I am using my MKII with either Ares II-4core for days i need to de-stress with metal and han sound redcore for bit more laid back days.

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #1,496 of 1,871
Hello, Are the Oriolus MK2 Discontinued?

Cheapest place I can find them in New Condition?

Do they have any Driver Flex?

Thanks!

I got mine on Penon. The right earphone had flex. Had to ship it back to them in China to get it fixed. It's fine now. These earphones are world class.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #1,498 of 1,871
I just found out a terrific pairing for the Oriolus with a smartphone: The Cheap but good HifimeDiy Dac 9018m2k.

Ultra clean, spatious, Resolving, engaging. My Aune M1s (the 3.5mm output) is way behind this combo.

Mar 9, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,499 of 1,871
just received my review unit of finschi. Sounds great for the asking price, engaging and good transparency level. Suggest a 20 hours of burn-in to really shine.
here are some photos:

perfect1.jpg perfect5.jpg
perfect6.jpg perfect2.jpg
perfect3.jpg perfect4.jpg

Mar 9, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,500 of 1,871

Users who are viewing this thread

Back