Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Jan 2, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #557 of 1,871
It's great that they will sell the Mellianus with the PW audio 1960 cable worth $ 1000 (how much exactly?) but this does also mean, that the Mellianus will cost over 2k just because of this ridiculously pricey cable! I would have found it much better if they would sell them with a "normal" pw Audio upgrade cable (like Oriolus Mk2) and therefore lower the price of the Mellianus to 1.5k.

Jan 2, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #558 of 1,871
It's great that they will sell the Mellianus with the PW audio 1960 cable worth $ 1000 (how much exactly?) but this does also mean, that the Mellianus will cost over 2k just because of this ridiculously pricey cable! I would have found it much better if they would sell them with a "normal" pw Audio upgrade cable (like Oriolus Mk2) and therefore lower the price of the Mellianus to 1.5k.

The price is HKD 7,800 at Hong Kong, so it would be $1,005 in US dollars (today's exchange rate).

Jan 2, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #559 of 1,871

It's a little bit of a marketing choice too; by collaborating with other companies they can split profit as well as push out a much more premium product.

Of course, there'll be people like you and me who would also prefer a cheaper IEM without the frills of a luxury cable that we didn't ask for. As I'm a big fan of Oriolus I hope they'll be flexible with the cable choices and pricing, but I highly doubt it.

Jan 2, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #560 of 1,871

It's a little bit of a marketing choice too; by collaborating with other companies they can split profit as well as push out a much more premium product.

Of course, there'll be people like you and me who would also prefer a cheaper IEM without the frills of a luxury cable that we didn't ask for. As I'm a big fan of Oriolus I hope they'll be flexible with the cable choices and pricing, but I highly doubt it.

I'm hoping that Mellianus will come with reasonably priced cable, as MK2's "No.5".

It could be dropped the price greatly (approximately 2k -> 1.3k)

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #566 of 1,871
Less than $850 what can i ask more the only complaint is the eartips sucks so hard to put in want to try shure 846 one pls help me to find proper eartip

JVC Spiral Dot works for me.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #567 of 1,871
Sorry i havent gone through the previous posts.

Just would like to know if anybody has tried the custom iem version of the oriolus. And what the sonic differences might be compared to the universal version. I saw on the japanese site that it can be done for 300ish dollars by sending the universal iem back to them to have it done.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back