Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Nov 9, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #529 of 1,871
Oriolus MK2 for 671$ on 11.11:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DHL-Original-Oriolus-3-Balance-Armture-Moving-Coil-Dynamic-Hybird-High-Definition-HIFI-Music-DJ-Studio/830146_32718320956.html

There are surely more deal popping up in the next 5 days.
smily_headphones1.gif

is aliexpress a reliable site? That price seems too good to be true. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #532 of 1,871
  im just wondering, what is the difference of Oriolus Forsteni from the Oriolus that is the subject of this thread? Thanks

Forsteni is recently released iem with 1DD+2BA; Oriolus which is commonly addressed as Oriolus MK2 with 1DD+3BA.
There was ver 1 with different in cosmetic, that without 'Oriolus' on faceplate

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #534 of 1,871
Any suggestion of reasonable aftermarket cables that is durable than the PW#5 cable? Mine is broken. :frowning2: 

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #535 of 1,871
Received my Oriolus 3 days by now. It's a Chinese version with the stock 6N copper cable (the built quality of the cable is actually quit good, and soft and comfortable to use). Here are some very early impressions (keep in mind that the O is a new phone, all other mentioned are fully burned in): 
compared to Noble K10u, the sound stage is significantly wider, the depth is about the same. However, I found the sound stage on O is always more nature to my ear. The mid on k10u is thicker but not necessarily better, depends on tracks, I found myself prefer the clearer mid on O for the most of the time. The bass performance is on par, both can produce right amount of bass with good texture, K10u has more mid-bass though.  In regards to overall smoothness and coherence, K10u is still the King in this domain, O comes quit close though.  I still need more time to get a stable impression on highs and other sound signature. However, so far, considering the price point for these tow cans, I'a like to say O is a easy winner here. 
compared to Tralucent 1 plus 2, the both are hybrid iems, however, with a very different sound signature. Speaking of the pure sound stage, 1plus2 is still wider than O, however, it sounds rather empty and hollow to my ear whereas O is with a fuller and more nature sound presentation. The resolution of O is much better than 1plus2 as well, that's partly why I think O has a fuller sound. I spent most of my time on K10u and O, so that's pretty much all I can say for now. Anyway, It's safe to say that my 1 plus 2 will be listed on sale/trade forum very soon.     

Will also compare to tg334 and 12u when I have more listening time. DAP used is opus #1 and ifi iDSD. Back to 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back