Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Oct 25, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #514 of 1,871
Sharing a comparison with Andromeda I did via pm yesterday.

I think Oriolus is slightly warm due to the midbass bloom, while maintaining good air, smoothness and clarity for the mids and treble. It's open and spacious and makes for a great relaxing listen. It's more laid back compared to Andromeda.

As for the Andromeda, it's a different presentation. It's more neutral and immediate, and has a very 'live' feel... You feel like you're in the studio with the artists. Bass is quick and goes deep with a slight midbass bump, but decays faster than Oriolus, definitely BA-sounding. Mids are tuned more for clarity rather than sweetness, male and female vocals sound clearer and more energetic than Oriolus. Treble is clear, sparkly and not harsh, very good balance between smoothness and detail. Stage-wise, it's a bit smaller than Oriolus because of the energy, but separation and air is very good bcos of the faster, thinner notes.

As to what I think, Andromeda is the better all-rounder because it's more neutral and fits nearly all genres. Oriolus is a more romantic listen, excellent for vocals and slower music, but not fast enough for hard rock and metal. They are both at the same tier, and both are excellent choices.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #516 of 1,871
  Could you go into a bit more detail on the differences in sound-sig between the MK2 and Mellianus? 

I'd love to, but I did not compare them head to head and had not even heard the Oriolus MK2 for months before I bought one myself.
Overall I have to add that I don't emphasize comparisons anymore, but try to let one product speak for itself, i.e. listen to it with my own music and see if if touches me. And the Mellianus did. Which does not automatically make it worth 2k€ of course...

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #517 of 1,871
Hello guys :) Im planning to buy an oriolus mk2 mini audio version which is from China. However I am concerned about the warranty and services which are very crucial when my Oriolus needs to get fixed. Do you guys think that it will be fine to buy this iem? Also, are these iems durable? P.s. I am currently living in South Korea.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #518 of 1,871
Oriolus MK2 for 671$ on 11.11:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DHL-Original-Oriolus-3-Balance-Armture-Moving-Coil-Dynamic-Hybird-High-Definition-HIFI-Music-DJ-Studio/830146_32718320956.html

There are surely more deal popping up in the next 5 days. :)

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #519 of 1,871
Holy crap that's an excellent price!

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #522 of 1,871
Right?? At this price I wonder how much better the Mellianus has to be to be worth $2k. Oriolus is already pretty friggin awesome what more at sub-700 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back