Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Aug 24, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #346 of 1,871
I just have to say, these IEMs are marvelous, simply brilliant!

Prior to purchasing them, I was using Shure 535s for the longest time (since they came out). Went to my local store and they told me to try the Oriolus, I was floored but the price was also more than double my 535s. Went back a few more times and each time was wow'ed. 

I then tried the TG334s and MH334s universals at the same store, did not give me the same wow factor. Ended up purchasing these babies and have been listening to them as much as I can. Even with my PM-2 at home, and PM-3 in the office, these are the ones I end up listening to 98% of the time. 

100% agree with boomtube. Bass is super tight and controlled, mids/vocals are forward and very clear. These are with stock silver cables with the black plastic jack housing. 

What a coincidence, I'm currently using a SE535LTD for my travel IEM and looking for a replacement. Auditioned the Orioulus, K10, Air, Jupiter, UE Remastered, FXA7, S-EM9 and QDC SH8 during my transit in HKG.

Final 3 would be the Oriolus, K10 and SH8, hope to make a decision by end of the month.

Still waiting for my 335DW to arrive.

I'm actually surprised that China IEM are really good.

May I know how much you bought your Oriolus for?

Thank you beforehand

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #347 of 1,871
I've recently acquired a PW Audio No.5 cable (akin to the one that comes with the Japanese version of the Oriolus). IMHO and it could be my ears playing tricks on me, there is a distinct different between the PW Audio No.5 and the stock cable that comes with the Chinese version. The No.5 rounds out better and more complete imaging, trading off some of the width for some of that much-needed soundstage depth. Vocals are brought closer, more intimate and IMO significantly more emotional. I'm starting to see how people do relate the Oriolus to the TG334!, albeit with better bass and more emphasized top end frequencies, whereas with the other cable it seems pretty much a far cry from it.

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #348 of 1,871
I've recently acquired a PW Audio No.5 cable (akin to the one that comes with the Japanese version of the Oriolus). IMHO and it could be my ears playing tricks on me, there is a distinct different between the PW Audio No.5 and the stock cable that comes with the Chinese version. The No.5 rounds out better and more complete imaging, trading off some of the width for some of that much-needed soundstage depth. Vocals are brought closer, more intimate and IMO significantly more emotional. I'm starting to see how people do relate the Oriolus to the TG334!, albeit with better bass and more emphasized top end frequencies, whereas with the other cable it seems pretty much a far cry from it.

See?
That's what I said all along! =D

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #352 of 1,871
Think about a comparison between Solar and Oriolus v2, what would you say?
th Solar can sound muddy and average with the wrong cable...Oriolus is very dynamic, crystal clear, detailed, awesome bass...almost like a cross between TG 334 and SE846. I have the Zeus-R incoming. I'm definitely going to re-purchase the Oriolus, not the Solar.

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #353 of 1,871
th Solar can sound muddy and average with the wrong cable...Oriolus is very dynamic, crystal clear, detailed, awesome bass...almost like a cross between TG 334 and SE846. I have the Zeus-R incoming. I'm definitely going to re-purchase the Oriolus, not the Solar.

Seems that we all have that great totl Oriolus which competes with any iem out there. Thanks for reply.

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #357 of 1,871

Currently my most favourite pairing, Oriolus mk2 with Effect Audio Ares II+

Full body sound, rich texure in midrange and bass while treble is still pretty clear in polite way.

Nice !

My Ares II+ review if anyone is interested

http://www.head-fi.org/products/effect-audio-ares-ii-plus-edition-iem-cable/reviews/16523

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #358 of 1,871
  Curious if you've heard or own the Tralucent 1plus2 or 2.2 and how it compares to the Oriolus MK2 or 1?

Heard it for many times, in fact there's one 1plus2 now right beside me.

Tbh, I'm more to warmish and smooth sound, so for me 1plus2 sound dry, a bit sterile, with great soundstage imaging, but still suffer from illness of multi driver iem (coherency).

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #359 of 1,871

Curious if you've heard or own the Tralucent 1plus2 or 2.2 and how it compares to the Oriolus MK2 or 1?

Heard it for many times, in fact there's one 1plus2 now right beside me.

Tbh, I'm more to warmish and smooth sound, so for me 1plus2 sound dry, a bit sterile, with great soundstage imaging, but still suffer from illness of multi driver iem (coherency).

The Oriolus is very coherent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back