Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Aug 9, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #333 of 1,871
Just went for audition with the current oriolus v2.
Seem like treble roll off.
Soundstage ok, but not sparked at all :D

I think not worth that price
seems you just want to collect things ?

Aug 9, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #335 of 1,871
Just went for audition with the current oriolus v2.
Seem like treble roll off.
Soundstage ok, but not sparked at all
biggrin.gif

I think not worth that price

That's the beauty of raw instore auditions, there's no purchase justification or swayed bias. 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your thoughts. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #337 of 1,871
Hello everyone,

I have just ordered Oriolus V2 with PW audio copper litz upgrade cable. I will most likely receive the phones within a week.
I will use the Oriolus together with Sony NW ZX2 and planning to order a gold/silver cable with trrs balanced jack.
Does anyone have the experience of using Oriolus V2 together with Sony NW ZX2 ( balanced or unbalanced) ?
Do you guys recommend gold/silver litz cable for Oriolus V2 ?

Your replies will be highly appreciated,
with best regards.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #338 of 1,871
Hello everyone,

I have just ordered Oriolus V2 with PW audio copper litz upgrade cable. I will most likely receive the phones within a week.
I will use the Oriolus together with Sony NW ZX2 and planning to order a gold/silver cable with trrs balanced jack.
Does anyone have the experience of using Oriolus V2 together with Sony NW ZX2 ( balanced or unbalanced) ?

with best regards.

It's bright and detailed...I used to have the zx2 and it's a darker/smokey sounding DAP. I think the Oriolus will be a good match.

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #341 of 1,871
Hello everyone,

with best regards.

Gold plated silver or gold + silver cable is great for the Oriolus, try to stick with 4 wire ones to keep the bass in check.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #344 of 1,871

Hello every one,

I have just receieved Oriolus V2 with PW audio copper litz upgrade cable. My first impressions were mainly positive, however I also felt something was missing in the sound or some frequencies were to much exagerated. Overall sound was too contrasty, too much detailed in some frequencies.

I could not achieve a good fit with any of the stock tips included. I think nozzle of Oriolus is too short and creating the problem (at least for my ears).

I tried many tips which were available in my stock.
Finally I tried with double flange tips which came with Hifiman re-600. The differecences were night and day in the whole spectrum of the sound.

Subbass extension increased, bass region as a whole became fuller and detailed and gained volume. Low mids got more body and mids  sounded full. High mids and lower treble recessed just a little, high treble extension and resolution  increased.

Of course every ears structure is different. However nozzle of Oriolus seems to be extremely short. If any of you experiencing fit problem because of this shortness you can give a try to double flanged tips which worked perfectly in my case.

Regards

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #345 of 1,871

Hello every one,

I have just receieved Oriolus V2 with PW audio copper litz upgrade cable. My first impressions were mainly positive, however I also felt something was missing in the sound or some frequencies were to much exagerated. Overall sound was too contrasty, too much detailed in some frequencies.

I could not achieve a good fit with any of the stock tips included. I think nozzle of Oriolus is too short and creating the problem (at least for my ears).

I tried many tips which were available in my stock.
Finally I tried with double flange tips which came with Hifiman re-600. The differecences were night and day in the whole spectrum of the sound.

Subbass extension increased, bass region as a whole became fuller and detailed and gained volume. Low mids got more body and mids  sounded full. High mids and lower treble recessed just a little, high treble extension and resolution  increased.

Of course every ears structure is different. However nozzle of Oriolus seems to be extremely short. If any of you experiencing fit problem because of this shortness you can give a try to double flanged tips which worked perfectly in my case.

Regards

Congrats! Spinfit works pretty well for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back