Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Jun 12, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #274 of 1,871
Jun 13, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #278 of 1,871
   What's your impression of the Oriolus stock cable? Wondering if I should seek an immediate upgrade.

Really though, I don't think I'm the most qualified person to speak about the matter as I don't have extensive experience with different versions of the Oriolus (mine is the Chinese one, as stated above while the one you're going to buy is the Japanese one I presume). Personally, I think the stock cable that came with mine is of pretty high quality look and durability wise. I got a freebie cable that came with it that had the best ergonomics I've ever tried, but it seemed to smooth out the sound quite a bit.

Personally I'd rather put any money I could squeeze out from myself towards a high quality DAP now, since my good old AK100 doesn't look like it has enough grunt to maximize the potential of the Oriolus. YMMV, of course

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #281 of 1,871
Hi all, I've been a mk2 user for a while now. Bought it purely because of the sound. Have been enjoying it but recently when taking the train i find that the isolation is not as ideal due to the vent. I'm just wondering if there are any diy solution here to improve the isolation.

Jun 17, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #282 of 1,871
Hi all, I've been a mk2 user for a while now. Bought it purely because of the sound. Have been enjoying it but recently when taking the train i find that the isolation is not as ideal due to the vent. I'm just wondering if there are any diy solution here to improve the isolation.
crank the volume a bit.

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #284 of 1,871
Would you mind elaborating on how they fare against the others in your inventory?

They take crown when it comes to bass.

Right now I have Rhapsodio Solar, Roxanne Universal, ToGo 334 and K10's. I'd have to listen to these quite a bit more to make comparisons. I will say these are TOTL/endgame level IEM's. Off the bat, I'd say they're to my ears an improved 334, bass is tight with excellent depth, and mids/highs are crystal clear with awesome detail. I'll have more to say in a couple weeks.

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #285 of 1,871
I just have to say, these IEMs are marvelous, simply brilliant!

Prior to purchasing them, I was using Shure 535s for the longest time (since they came out). Went to my local store and they told me to try the Oriolus, I was floored but the price was also more than double my 535s. Went back a few more times and each time was wow'ed. 

I then tried the TG334s and MH334s universals at the same store, did not give me the same wow factor. Ended up purchasing these babies and have been listening to them as much as I can. Even with my PM-2 at home, and PM-3 in the office, these are the ones I end up listening to 98% of the time. 

100% agree with boomtube. Bass is super tight and controlled, mids/vocals are forward and very clear. These are with stock silver cables with the black plastic jack housing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back