Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Apr 17, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #211 of 1,871
Just got the Oriolus V2 - running it in with JVC spiral dots and linum bax cables now.

It surely is an addictive listen. 

Being powered by my Mojo at the moment. 

The bass is by far its most outstanding trait - buttery and liquid but not flabby with no bleeding into the mids. 

I think the biggest compliment i can give it is that it's sound signature sounds like my vintage Tannoy 15" speakers - of course the speakers have better spatial / sound staging cues, but the Oriolus are such a joy to listen to. (i've never been a sound stage freak so i can't really be bothered by it - certainly explains why i sold all my headphones and ended up with IEMS). 

Vocals are superb as well - fans of Ella Fitzgerald and the like will be digging these IEMs, no doubt. 

Nice..starting to get excited all over again! I too plan on using Spiral Dots and have a DP-X1.. Also may try it with my mojo! Cheers

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #212 of 1,871
Excellent presentation, the finish on the V2 is flawless and the case is awesome.. Wish it had a form fit foam inside for the IEM.. Took a quick listen with X5ii and Mojo and was extremely impressed. Will listen later with DP-X1 in balanced mode... Will take some time to gather thoughts and impressions of sound. The built quality is excellent though, on par with my Empire Ears Spartans! Maybe even better finishing..more specifically the bores are beautiful and no immediately visible seam on the backshell. With that said, I only gave it a quick view before I put them in. I have medium to smallish ears and they fit extremely well with an even better seal. They do stick out.. But it is very tolerable. Actually I was blown away with the comfort given they are a large iem. They fit better than my 535's, Velvets and EE Spartan's... Cheers

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #213 of 1,871
Oriolus v2 with the prototype Dita Truth (Van Den Hul) cables (soon to be released) 
L3000.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #215 of 1,871
  Oriolus v2 with the prototype Dita Truth (Van Den Hul) cables (soon to be released) 
L3000.gif

This combination undoubtedly must sound fantastic
rolleyes.gif

Any idea:
- when that Dita Truth cable will be launched for retail?
- what it will cost?

Thanks in advance...

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #216 of 1,871

Are the Van Den Hul cables as un-wieldy as the ones on Dita Truth?

It is the same cables, find it manageable.

This combination undoubtedly must sound fantastic
rolleyes.gif

Any idea:
- when that Dita Truth cable will be launched for retail?
- what it will cost?

Thanks in advance...

end-May at USD500+

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #218 of 1,871
Gentlemen, I am a new member and this is my first post.....I own a Oriolus2 in combination with a Opus1 DAP.

This is truly an awsome combination ....now I will have a look to an affordable balanced cable, around 250$.

Any thoughts....?

Best regards from Germany

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #219 of 1,871
Apr 21, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #220 of 1,871
to those who wants to sell their pair, pls let me know. :) 
im interested. 

i think im going to buy an ORIOLUS than the hum or the rhinestage 7 (which is almost twice the price of oriolus)

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #223 of 1,871
  Clear and stood-out vocal, great imaging, satisfied sub-bass presence, airy smooth treble, easily become my new favourite!

Nice pic!
rolleyes.gif

Just curious: it became your new favourite compared to what other iems?

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #224 of 1,871
I've renamed the thread, as Orilus Audio is a separate company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back