Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Jan 6, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,441 of 1,871
Hi. Are oriolus iems good for some one who likes metal, classical, jazz and hip hop? I need something comfortable to use every day at work out of a cayin n5ii

Jan 6, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #1,442 of 1,871
Hi. Are oriolus iems good for some one who likes metal, classical, jazz and hip hop? I need something comfortable to use every day at work out of a cayin n5ii
I like them for Metal and Hip-hop for sure. Bass may be a little slow for those intense metal songs. Classical, I usually prefer something more dry and analytical. Not sure about Jazz.

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #1,443 of 1,871

Which Oriolus IEM are you looking at? I have the MK2 and they pair well with my N5ii. Together they're a bit warmer than I would ordinarily like but they have the technical ability to pull it off. Whatever you decide, I would strongly suggest trying it with a balanced cable - I did and never looked back.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #1,444 of 1,871
Oriolus Finschi are absolute garbage in terms of sound. They lack highs and yet can still be harsh/sibilant in the lower/mid highs region. They sound like a lo-fi cassette from the 80s. They even have a "HI RES" sticker on the box. What a joke and disappointment.

The package, box and the IEMs feel very premium and high quality, unfortunately you are getting $30 worth of sound. $179 down the toilet :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #1,445 of 1,871
Oriolus Finschi are absolute garbage in terms of sound. They lack highs and yet can still be harsh/sibilant in the lower/mid highs region. They sound like a lo-fi cassette from the 80s. They even have a "HI RES" sticker on the box. What a joke and disappointment.

The package, box and the IEMs feel very premium and high quality, unfortunately you are getting $30 worth of sound. $179 down the toilet :frowning2:
What a blunder. I tried and indeed didn't like them as much as I wanted but surely it's not that bad...

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #1,447 of 1,871

Sounds like what I was hearing with single flange tips. Went to dual flange (Spinfit CP-240) and it totally opened up the sound. Powerful bass, slightly forward mids, sparkly highs. THE most tip finicky IEMs I've ever had. Still have to adjust them a little during insertion to get it right. Very comfortable though after they are in place.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #1,449 of 1,871
Sounds like what I was hearing with single flange tips. Went to dual flange (Spinfit CP-240) and it totally opened up the sound. Powerful bass, slightly forward mids, sparkly highs. THE most tip finicky IEMs I've ever had. Still have to adjust them a little during insertion to get it right. Very comfortable though after they are in place.
I use Final E tips(white) and as I've said 20 times now found them superior to the EE Bravado so @silverbox be glad that you didn't pay $599. I do use the cable from the Bravado on the Finschi's with a Sony ZX300 and some of the sound enhancements on that DAP and do enjoy the bang for the buck i'm experiencing.

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #1,451 of 1,871
Is MK II model to be considered as somewhat upgrade to FiiO FH5? They seem to share similar sound signature and I am trying to check here is the price difference justified between those two.

Forget the fh5. The Mk2 is miles ahead when it comes to the overall experience. No closed in soundstage. To die-for mids. The fh5 in the meanwhile is trying to fart out them details just to compensate. There's many reasons as to why the Oriolus have been a staple for so long. I'd even rate something like the earsonics es2 above the fiio hybrid in terms of overall enjoyment.

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #1,452 of 1,871
Forget the fh5. The Mk2 is miles ahead when it comes to the overall experience. No closed in soundstage. To die-for mids. The fh5 in the meanwhile is trying to fart out them details just to compensate. There's many reasons as to why the Oriolus have been a staple for so long. I'd even rate something like the earsonics es2 above the fiio hybrid in terms of overall enjoyment.

What an answer, looks like you were really biased on these Japanese wonders. How about the fit? If I were to get rid of. FIIOs it would be only due to shallow insertion that feels insecure and makes me tinker with left earphone every now and then.

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #1,453 of 1,871
What an answer, looks like you were really biased on these Japanese wonders. How about the fit? If I were to get rid of. FIIOs it would be only due to shallow insertion that feels insecure and makes me tinker with left earphone every now and then.

I bought them and I am glad I bought them, that may be bias I'm not sure; I'm just really enthusiastic for jumping the gun. I've heard a decent amount of hybrids and I just grew tired of minor upgrades and wanted to taste "entry" totl. Haven't felt like buying anything else for over a year now. Only something like the andromeda seem to tempt me, but haven't been itching some time now.

Edit: the stock foams does the job in terms of fit. Others swear with other tips.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #1,454 of 1,871
Anyone else get an out of phase Finschi cable?? Sucked because the ear guides are pre-formed but I flipped them and twisted and bent till they faced backward again. Really didn't know caused they mated well with one EQ on my Sony player so I just went with that but after trying a few other cables out I was able to hear the stock cables oddities then knew I had to fix them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back