Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Oct 2, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #1,336 of 1,871
I'm kind of interested in the oriolus finschi and it03 but couldnt find any comparisons between the two. can someone help ? Which one has better sq ?
Finschi hands down. More forward midrange, smoother treble. Bass performance is similar

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #1,338 of 1,871
I see . Which one has better imaging and soundstage?
I think the it03 has wider siundstage but the finschi has better imaging. Don't get me wrong, the finschi still has a wide soundstage but not as wide as the it03. Maybe even to its advantage as I felt the 03 had too stretched of an image

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #1,339 of 1,871
I think the it03 has wider siundstage but the finschi has better imaging. Don't get me wrong, the finschi still has a wide soundstage but not as wide as the it03. Maybe even to its advantage as I felt the 03 had too stretched of an image

Maybe the finschi will suit me more as i do prefer a more forward midrange. Thanks for your help.

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #1,340 of 1,871
Maybe the finschi will suit me more as i do prefer a more forward midrange. Thanks for your help.

I got blasted once for saying that the it03 having a hollow mid presentation, but yeah people can act stupid in some threads. The it03 were ok. I'd get them if I were exclusively into classical

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,341 of 1,871
foams and deliberately slow insertion seem to work for me - no matter how deep I choose to go.
Ha ha. :D

The flex sound when you initially insert is normal, but if that sound persists throughout the music then it could be defective.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #1,343 of 1,871
I got blasted once for saying that the it03 having a hollow mid presentation, but yeah people can act stupid in some threads. The it03 were ok. I'd get them if I were exclusively into classical
Not just the hollow mids, the peaky treble killed it for me

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #1,345 of 1,871
It looks like the whole iBasso lineups have this hollow mid as their typical trait. I personally own the it01, tried the it03 and have seen reports on the it04 have this trait as well. Not that horrible trait, but a recognizable one.
IBasso house sound? :ksc75smile:

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #1,346 of 1,871
IBasso house sound? :ksc75smile:
What do you call a man who loves this "house sound"?

MV5BYmIyYzQyOTktNDUwNC00NGExLTg0NmItMzYzZjU1Zjc0MTZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #1,348 of 1,871
Was having major driver flex crinkling even when just moving my jaw a little bit... stock tips, spiraldots, spinfits, all causing the same issue. Only the mandarin w are working for me where they don't cause the flex from minor movements.

Oct 6, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #1,349 of 1,871
After my visit to SG, I had a chance to try a large variety of product in various shops and thanks to the amazing local talent living in Singapore with their amazing setup, trying so many exotic setups not found in shops.
Among the products that stood out the most for me was the Oriolus Mellianus and the old Sony PCM D1 recorder. In terms of overall built quality, Mellianus is flawless, and in terms of sound let'sts just say it gives you detail without sounding fatiguing, it gives you bass without sounding thick and it gives you soundstage without losing intimacy. It is my cup of tea, and beside my ACS Emotion, they are the two BA IEM I currently only care of owning.
The only issue is the stiff cable and fit can be a bit tricky. I went to SG to place an order for a FitEar MH335DW, which still an amazing product, however all I can think about now is Mellianus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back