Organizer on the go for portable gears (IEMs, DAP, headphones, etc.)
Jan 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hoofman

100+ Head-Fier
People who bring multiple IEMs, headphones, or DAP on the go, how do you organize your stuff? I normally bring my DAP+Amp combo (NW-A35 + PHA-1A), 1 TWS IEM, 1 wired IEM out with me, occasionally with an extra pair of TWS headphone. It can be tricky to keep them all nicely and safely depends on the bag or backpack I use on the day. I often worry that the earbuds are pressed against each other or the 3.5mm jack, or bending the connector cable between DAP and Amp.
I wonder how people organize their portable gear? Thanks :)

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 9
I would do a search for tech organizer on Amazon. I have one that I use for cables, dongles, small hubs, iems, etc. But have recently been traveling with over ears so my organizer is relegated to actual tech. They can get pretty big, but not sure if they'd be big enough to fit an amp combo. Another option would be a very small pelican/hard case.

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 9
I'm hoping to be able to find cheaper solutions than Van Nuys but I couldn't find anything yet. This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing I'll look into it.
I would do a search for tech organizer on Amazon. I have one that I use for cables, dongles, small hubs, iems, etc. But have recently been traveling with over ears so my organizer is relegated to actual tech. They can get pretty big, but not sure if they'd be big enough to fit an amp combo. Another option would be a very small pelican/hard case.
Do you know some good good tech organizer in mind? I'm a bit worried about my gears scratched if the compartments are not separated enough thus I haven't find anything suitable so far. I'm also considering the option to get a generic tech organizer and DIY soft foam compartments.

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm hoping to be able to find cheaper solutions than Van Nuys but I couldn't find anything yet. This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing I'll look into it.

Do you know some good good tech organizer in mind? I'm a bit worried about my gears scratched if the compartments are not separated enough thus I haven't find anything suitable so far. I'm also considering the option to get a generic tech organizer and DIY soft foam compartments.
I have heard good things in this one, using cubed foam internals,

https://www.elephantcases.com/elite-el008.html

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Feb 3, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #7 of 9

I used one made by bagsmart on Amazon. They make a few which are semi rigid and have foam dividers--but I think in your case, you might have to check dimensions, buy 3-4, and return the ones that don't work for your needs. My use scenario is different because my gear is smaller, and I don't travel an amp/dac.

Feb 3, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #8 of 9
I used one made by bagsmart on Amazon. They make a few which are semi rigid and have foam dividers--but I think in your case, you might have to check dimensions, buy 3-4, and return the ones that don't work for your needs. My use scenario is different because my gear is smaller, and I don't travel an amp/dac.
Thanks I'm checking them out. Their electronic bag collection is quite nice.

Feb 3, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #9 of 9
Yeah, I've had one that's held up well for 4 years through infrequent use, only when traveling. The weak point for any of these, I would think, would be the zipper. Luckily, most are fairly inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back