Oregon Meet 01-07-06
Jan 13, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #61 of 63

devwild

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
That would be because the HD600 grilles were designed after the fact, as the HD580's were replaced as their top of the line dynamic 'phones by the HD600, although arguably marginally. The same occured when the HD650 came out, but really the core headphone remains the same throughout.

There is a difference though, in that the 600 is actually the same headphone as the 580 (same drivers and many of the same parts) but with a different body. The 650 is very much a different headphone with a different sound (and more worthy of a price gap
wink.gif
).

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
Oh, I see. Thanks Devwild. But I wonder, why don't they enclude them with the 580's?

The 600 was introduced due to the success of a special edition of the 580 with similar design, so in a way, they did, but saw an opportunity to make more money off them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #62 of 63

devwild

1000+ Head-Fier
If I may ask, has any of the Oregon crew aquired an HD650 since the last meet? I really need to borrow a pair for a weekend. You don't need to post here, you can PM me if you like, I just figure this is the best way to find anyone.

I'd be happy to turn it into a mini-meet, I have an Aria now...

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #63 of 63

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
Not me, that's for sure. I've been rather pissed off at Sennheiser lately. I've paid twice for those darned HD600 grilles, and they still haven't come yet. And while the customer service reps say the grilles are obsolete/out of stock, the warehouse guys say they get them in stock based on request. Well, I'm requesting a pair, so what then? Not only that, but after the first order I placed got cancelled and redone at my request, I was billed $5 for shipping, but I wasn't shipped anything
mad.gif
So now I have to be an assertive jerk and ask them just what the hell is going on. This is just plain stupid crap, IMHO.

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread