Oregon - interested in a summer 2007 meet?
Aug 4, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #61 of 74
Number 96 goes right there, and the SW Harrison streetcar stop is closer
wink.gif

So, I just found out that I have a wedding to go to that day
frown.gif

Aug 6, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #62 of 74
This is a long shot, but i was wondering if any of those who are planning to attend this meet has an SPL meter.

I was hoping if it would be possible to test out the loudness level of different headphoes+amp ocnfigurations at the meet.

Am just a little curious after reading a lot of 'protect your ears' such as this
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253881.

Naturally i am concerned cause thanks to my ears i am able to appreciate music as it shoulkd be. I would hate to endanger them and hopefully many many years of good listening by an over eager urge to crank up the volume a wee bit over the limit which we all sometimes have.

Anyone?

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #63 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a long shot, but i was wondering if any of those who are planning to attend this meet has an SPL meter.

I do. Unfortunately I am almost 100% sure it is in Corvallis and I will most likely not be going down there again before the meet. Sorry. Maybe someone else has one. It's just a crappy rat-shack one though. If you are that concerned you might consider buying one, they are handy to have around (in a nerdy-engineering way).

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #64 of 74
For those wondering about sources, I was on the Dell website this morning and apparently my laptop has shipped so I'll have it in time for the meet. In order to use the EMU 0404 with the laptop though I'll have to setup a separate Windows installation. (I'm running Ubuntu) Provided I have enough time to do that (I should), I'll have a laptop with an 0404 USB along with a 1TB external drive with over a thousand albums on it.

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #65 of 74
Man it's been a while since I've even logged in. Last time I checked this thread there were only about 8 posts.

Anyways, the 18th sounds good. I don't have much to bring, but this will be my first meet so don't mind that too much. Here's what I'm definitely bringing:

Modded Xiang Sheng 708B
Modded NAD C 521BEE
Modded Senn HD580

I could also bring my newly built AMP6 and my little DIY speakers if you guys would like to hear them.

Hey sbyers77,

If your SPL meter is indeed down here in Corvallis I could easily pick it up for you on the way out there. Let me know.

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #66 of 74
Great!..my vote for the speakers
icon10.gif

Love to see DIY creations.
Also looking forward to compare my unmodded HD580s to your moddded one.

On the sources front, i will probably bring a Bel Canto DAC2 if someone can supply a DVD player(computer) with digital out and matching cable. I have neither, just the DAC.

Will also bring the Scott NIxon DAC and laptop(Dell 1505).

Sachu

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #67 of 74
let me know if you are going to bring the amp6, I have a tubed buffer for the front end that makes the amp6 sound very good.

also if anyone needs a ride from the SW, I am coming down Scholls Ferry, Beaverton and will be happy to stop along the way..dB

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #68 of 74
Dunno why I didn't think of it earlier, but I finally updated the first post with the meet info.
blink.gif

Looks like my likely load will be the presonus, dared, stax, and K701s. I'm getting an m-audio transit in the mail so I can use my laptop as a transport... I'd been meaning to for some time anyway.

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #69 of 74
Wow..the list keeps getting better...I guess i could borrow your M Audio Trasit to hook up the DAC2 with my laptop or yours...Been waiting to hear the DAC2..

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #70 of 74
Heh, sounds like we'll have lots of laptops.
biggrin.gif
I just got mine yesterday. I got Windows all installed so everything's good on that front. (Although it was a huge pain because Dell made 5 partitions on my drive using various file systems) I know the last time I went to a meet Gigabomber grabbed a bunch of my music. I guess if anyone wants to trade just bring an external drive or something.

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #73 of 74
man, couldn't make it out? You do not know what you missed... there was free food and free earbuds. I was in awe for atleast an hour.

they had the most amazing chocolate chip cookies, the middle somehow tasted like condensed soft brown sugar in delicious cookie form
then there was this like pesto pasta salad, i dunno how to even describe that one, but it was equally as good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back