Ordering Vibes form Amazon question:
Mar 7, 2007 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ramw5p

New Head-Fier
Ok, so i am ready to order the Vibes from Amazon. If i remember correctly there was a post on here about non-genuine vibes on amazon. Today i see them on the main page through amazon from a place called TechNGnet and then for a little more from Amazon...does it matter which one i order from? What to make sure i gen genuine product. Also, anyone have any last minute arguments for getting a different iem form Amazon [i have a gift certificate]. Thanks

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 11
just get the vibes, you seem pretty settled with it already. and for that unauthorized stuff, if amazon sells the vibes for only like $1-5 more, i'd rather to the couple dollar hit and order from a more reputable and trusted source. (all the merchants on amazon should be good though)

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 11
I haven't seen any threads about fake Vibes on Amazon. There were some knock-offs on eBay (OVC T25's) but I believe V-Moda has shut them down.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen any threads about fake Vibes on Amazon. There were some knock-offs on eBay (OVC T25's) but I believe V-Moda has shut them down.

Not really. They are still present on eBay.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stick with Amazon and their official vendors and you should be okay.

Agreed. And to clarify, when Val referenced vibes sold through Amazon Marketplace by non-official vendors, he was talking about warranty coverage, not fakes...The gist is that vibes bought from non-official vendors are not covered by the V-MODA warranty.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 11
I bought my Vibes from X-Treq in the marketplace. I was a little worried about buying from a seller that doesn't even have a website (or at least not one that I could find), but it was worth it for the money I saved. I would recommend them if you are pretty confident in wanting the Vibes. I wouldn't want to try to get any warranty work done if you buy from the marketplace, not sure what the circumstances are on that. But up until I am glad that I save as much as I did by using the marketplace.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We own the IP on the final sound curve, design, patents, speaker driver, and approve if we OEM/Cobrand it to others (currently we do not but we have the rights to do so for all markets worldwide). Only a few hundred were made, and we legally stopped them - I won't go into exact details but there are a number of obvious things that make it different than Vibe.

I'll write a longer explanation in a new thread generically explaining modern manufacturing, R&D, Quality Control of reputable brands and how it effects products, and the problems enforcing IP in China. However, it is the same problem that effects the likes of Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Sony, Louis Vuitton and ours very much and all we can do is constantly sue, innovate, and hope consumers back brands that actually are pushing the envelope and investing heavily in QC so we can continue to do so.

Case closed.

Yep, this is what I was referring to about the T25's getting shut down. Sorry for the confusion. It's from post #34 in the following thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...&highlight=t25

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 11
An advantage of ordering from Amazon itself rather than one of its third-party "Marketplace" vendors is that for an item the price of the Vibes, you'll get free shipping if you can wait a couple of days longer than it would take an expedited shipping item to reach you. That can factor into the total price considerably ...

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #10 of 11
I went with X-Treq partly becasue of price, and partly becasue they had it in stock vs amazon 4-6 weeks....again i had a gift card, thus amazon. So amazon makes it sound like as long as you order through them warrenty is aplicable..any one know anything different? How would i know if i received "fake" merchandise? I know this is a problem with sennheiser etc, but i didnt know it was a problem with Vibes's. Ahhh..buyers remose
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramw5p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went with X-Treq partly becasue of price, and partly becasue they had it in stock vs amazon 4-6 weeks....again i had a gift card, thus amazon. So amazon makes it sound like as long as you order through them warrenty is aplicable..any one know anything different? How would i know if i received "fake" merchandise? I know this is a problem with sennheiser etc, but i didnt know it was a problem with Vibes's. Ahhh..buyers remose
smily_headphones1.gif

So far, fake merchandise is not a problem with the vibes. The OVC T25s that Cooter mentioned use(d) the same aluminum housing, but in no way attempt to co-opt the V-MODA name (whereas Sennheiser fakes are made to pass as actual Sennheisers). They aren't "fakes" so much as rebranded pseudo-lookalikes.
blink.gif

As for the warranty, I must post a correction: The unwarrantied items Val spoke of are the "grey market" earphones sold on ebay from unauthorized sellers, not the Amazon Marketplace. To my knowledge, warranty coverage for Marketplace sellers is presently undefined (but you may be right that bought from Amazon = covered by warranty, regardless of the source).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back