Ordering Mingda
Apr 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

logwed

Headphoneus Supremus
I am planning on buying a Mingda MC66-AE in the very near future. I have pretty much decided on that amp, so I don't want discussion about that.
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway, I've narrowed my choice of vendor down to 2 primary choices, China Highend Hifi (Mingda MC66-AE) or Ornec (Knoxes?) (Meixing MingDa MC66-AE tube headphone amplifier). I am not very experienced in ordering off of the internet, or in international shipping. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions that would make ordering and shipping easy? Does anyone from America have experience with either of these companies?

Also, did I correctly see that the input voltage was switchable between 110 and 220?

I'm sorry if my questions are extremely vague or elementary.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 36
Hey, I got mine on Ebay. Takes about 10 days or more to arrive at my doorstep and the amp works fine, no problem at all. Why do you decide to go with MC66-AE? Mine is Mingda MC084-C7. Regarding the switchable input voltage, I don't know, but label on the back of my amp reads 220V.

Apr 13, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 36
Are you located in the US ? If so this unit from Pacific Valve (located in Chicago) is a better bet (for returns or repairs it also makes life far easier should it need such).

I believe Skylab has this amp and really likes it.

Pacific Valve & Electric Company Ming Da MC 84C07

Peete.

Apr 14, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 36
And PV&E is Chicago-area based, and good to do business with.

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 36
Chicago? That would be great. I live in Milwaukee (that's where koss is based, hence the location
wink_face.gif
). Sorry for not specifying that earlier. Is that store a physical location that I could check out, or just a good website?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely check them out.

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 36
The amps look comparable, and with the Skylab seal of approval, I can't go wrong! Thanks again!

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 36
No problem. I've dealt with Pac Valve before and Vic is a really good guy
smily_headphones1.gif

They also will take back gear within 30 days no questions asked policy (restocking fee of course).

I'm not sure if it's a walk in type store...ask Vic.

Peete.

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #8 of 36
Also got my Ming Da MC84 from Pacific Valve..........and it was extremely well-packed for shipping.

Apr 14, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, I've narrowed my choice of vendor down to 2 primary choices, China Highend Hifi (Mingda MC66-AE) or Ornec (Knoxes?) (Meixing MingDa MC66-AE tube headphone amplifier).

I would refrain from buying from Ornec, awhile back they were having a lot of problems with late/non-deliveries, and I'm not sure if they have worked that out yet. (just to a google search and quite a few problems come up)

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #10 of 36
Yeah, as long as you don't see too many red flags when you google them...I went with audiophilechina and their communication sucked, I never knew when it was gonna ship and I had to call them and talk to them in French to get them to give me tracking info using Skype.

Head-direct and pacific valve are at least in the US so you know you'll get it fast. This is why Chinese tube amps resell so well on here though, lots of people don't want to take the risk of getting one from an overseas vendor. I got mine from China and it had a broken power switch, because DV's are just all cursed with the same crap switch.

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 36
Pacific Valve is not a walk-in store; however, they do have an arrangement with a local copy/card/mailbox type store where you can do a local pickup.

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #12 of 36
Thanks for the help, guys. I'm definitely going to go with Pacific Valve when I finally get around to buying it (and when their waitlist is over).

May 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 36
What dealers of Ming-Da (especially of MC84-C07) can you recommend for direct delivery to EU (non-US) ?

I already know of Cattylink, Timaudio, Ornec and China-HighEnd-HiFi, although some do not carry the MC84-C07 right now. I would like other suggestions as well as positive / negative recommendations regarding those already listed.

May 13, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 36
I also interest in Ming-Da MC84-C07 from china-highend-hifi. But wonder is it really has voltage switch. And the price is seem to good to be true. I will stay in US for a year or two but will be back to Thailand which use 220V. So anyone can confirm about this.

May 13, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #15 of 36
Mine does NOT have a voltage switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back