Ordering from Newark
Jun 30, 2002 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

fyleow

500+ Head-Fier
I placed an order from Newark on yesterday and I didn't get a confirmation email. Should I place my order again or wait until Monday to see what happens? Anyone order from Newark before? How long before you get your confirmation?

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 14
I would wait since Newark is slow and sometimes takes a few days. However thay have several locations around the USA and I just use the location close to me. Good luck.

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 14
I sometimes never get a confirmation e-mail from Newark. That is why I always print my order before submitting and writing the order number on it after it has been sent. Even with no confirmation, I have always received my order.

Apr 1, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 14
I just went through an entire ordeal with Newark. Last week I placed an order with them and I never got an email confirmation. When I called them, they said that that order never went through and I probably didn't click the confirm button.

So I ordered again and still no confirmation order, finally I ordered a 3rd time with no order so I talked to the tech support and the webmaster and she said the orders were showing in the website database but were not going through the ordering process. She had to manually enter my order information and I finally got a confirmation email written personally.

If you are having problems, call 1-800-4-NEWARK to check if your order went through, then call 1-800-NEWARKT to talk to their website tech support to check on the order status.

Apr 2, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 14
Newark is in the middle of a big reorganization right now. They also sucked before the reorg, so they're probably even worse at the moment. The only reason to order from Newark is if you can't find the part you want anywhere else.

Apr 2, 2003 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 14
Update on my situation:

Well it turns out the system finally processed my other two orders, so I have to wait til they get here so that I can return them to Newark. What a hassel.

Apr 2, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent
The only reason to order from Newark is if you can't find the part you want anywhere else.

That pretty much says it all.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 2, 2003 at 8:42 PM Post #9 of 14
Heh... well that's kinda odd, I've personally never had trouble with Newark. I've used them at least 10 times or so in the past, and usually I get my stuff in 2 or 3 days at most.... I must be located near one of their distribution centers.

Jan 31, 2004 at 4:16 PM Post #10 of 14
I ordered 12 of the Intersil buffers used on the PPA from them last Sunday. Due to an icestorm in the Carolinas? no shipments have gone out since. They obviously have no control over the storm, but an email would have been nice stating the delay. Not a very good first time ordering experience.

Feb 1, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 14
I also placed an order with newark as well - on thursday and didnt get an email - I got an email saying that the order was received but not one saying that it was shipped - when I log onto the newark website, it says that I dont have any active orders...

LOL...I must agree this hasnt been a great experience - particularly after the fast shipping and response time I got from Digi-key (decided to go with newark this time because they had some components that were cheaper...) I guess you get what you pay for....

Feb 1, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #13 of 14
I had never ordered from Newark before because of horror stories that I'd heard. Now that I've read a few more from folks in this thread, I guess I made the right choice in avoiding Newark.

Meanwhile, I've been happy with Digikey's service. No problems at all.

D.

Feb 1, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 14
Yeah, but where else can the Intersil buffers for the PPA be gotten?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back