Ordered: Graham Slee Solo SRG II
Aug 4, 2010 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

niotio910

100+ Head-Fier
I promise this is my last audiophile equipment. Kinda running out of money, atm
biggrin.gif

I'm now having a Chinese Doge 6210 amp. After rolling some tubes, I'm OK with the sound of the Doge but still prefer the Solo because of its design + reputation.

My setup:
Laptop --> DacMagic --> Solo --> HD650

Hopefully, the Solo won't let me down.

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I promise this is my last audiophile equipment. Kinda running out of money, atm
biggrin.gif

I'm now having a Chinese Doge 6210 amp. After rolling some tubes, I'm OK with the sound of the Doge but still prefer the Solo because of its design + reputation.

My setup:
Laptop --> DacMagic --> Solo --> HD650

Hopefully, the Solo won't let me down.

Hope to hear soon of you and your impressions i am also looking for this combo 650 with SRG II, if you can listen some Miles Davis or Coltrane with it please leave me your impression....  Gragerererereddcd     g

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi,

I just received it. I was disappointed for the first listening though. It sounded OK, a little bit boring, not like WOW... When I got home and listened to the same songs with the Doge. I felt much better with the bass and sound stage of the Doge. However after about 20+ hours burning, the Solo seems to be opened up. I feel it has wider sound stage, a little bit more detailed, and I become to like the highs which are clear. I haven't had chance to do A/B comparison with the Doge since I leave it in my office. That's what my ears feel in 20 hours burning. Let's wait and see how it'll perform

Users who are viewing this thread

Back