Ordered a pair of IEMS last night finally. I need a lil help though.
Jul 5, 2008 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of UE's Metro fi. 100's from Amazon.com last night..earlier today I read a review on fakeheadphones.com (They pretty much said that the sound of these earbuds is pretty much flat and an amp would probably be needed to achieve better sound, and that the seal provided by the tips was not as good as the Metro Fi. 2's) maybe he didn't have them in correctly?. The review was dated from late may, and I guess it was one from the U.K. where they were still handing out the samples in stores. I cannot find ANYTHING on these earbuds on UE's website, they only seem to have the fi. 2's, along with the triples, and etc. I really hope I didn't throw my money away with these earphones. Is it possible they're still being in the production stage, or have they come out already?..I'm not sure if the 100's are a less popular model though then the fi. 2's.

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 7
Jul 5, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #4 of 7
It should be quite recent, about mid to late June or so, so its not confusing if UE has not yet updated their site about it.

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 7
Oh, okay. Hopefully the sound is okay...after reading that one review on fakeheadphones.com, I became a bit skeptical and questioned myself, since I had already paid for them, and their was no way to cancel shipping.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #6 of 7
I don't really know what's happening regarding the UE site, but they are an official product, so no worries there. UE told me that they would update the site in a month or so...obviously they still haven't got around to it. They available .... at the usual places ebay, amazon etc.

At the time I got mine however they were not on the ebay or amazon site, and so handheldaudio was the only place that had them.

The tips are slightly softer than the metro 2's. Now, i'm no the biggest fan of IEM's, because each of them has presented their own problems regarding fitting, so the 100's ...i wasn't expecting a perfect fit every time, because i can never get a perfect fit every time with any of my IEM's.

For me personally, i preferred the stiffer ear buds that come withe the 2's, but that's being overly critical. really, the standard 100 buds are o.k.

where the standard ipod/mp3 earphones are sweet and detailed, the 100's are fuller and have a deeper presentation to the music. You might get on with them you might not, but they are good.

Good luck and let us know what you think of them.

Jul 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for all the help, and I shall let you know by Monday evening when they arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back