OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
May 11, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #197 of 533
Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #199 of 533
Just for fun, i connected my #3 to a Mojo via Optical. Works fine but then i switched over to Spotify and the Power button of the Mojo is not receiving any signal (no light).

Then i get out of Spotify and use the default player - Mojo works fine again. Has enyone experienced / tried this?

May 15, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #200 of 533
I have the same issue when I connect my Pioneer DAP to Vantam DAC/Amp via usb.
Default Music app works just fine but if you switch to Tidal it stops working - no signal.
I need to reconnect Vantam and I ignore the message from Default Player which wants to connect to an external DAC.
In that case Tidal works without any problem and you can adjust the volume even from the DAP. Make sure that the DAPs volume is not at 0 ))
The thing is that Pioneer runs on a fully fucntional Android OS.

So you should not let Default Player connect to Mojo. Have no idea on how to do it on the #3 though))

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #202 of 533
The #3 is not a full blown Android device - so there is no 'Task Manager' for me to force quit apps. So i can't choose which app remains active for the Mojo to use - i wish it was just that easy, but it isn't

In the streaming menu on the #3 long press on an app and you can force close :)

I've had to do this as mine was getting really hot when charging because one of the streaming apps was running in the background.

May 16, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #203 of 533
In the streaming menu on the #3 long press on an app and you can force close :)

I've had to do this as mine was getting really hot when charging because one of the streaming apps was running in the background.

I see. Good to know, thanks! Let me see if i can force quit the Opus app then and just leave Spotify and lets see if it will pass the signal to the Mojo.

May 18, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #205 of 533
Did anyone else order from Amazon? I got mine today and it's awesome but the leather case is missing from the box. The area where the case would be is just empty space. I'm initiating a return and will reorder, hopefully the 2nd one won't be tampered with.

May 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #206 of 533
Did anyone else order from Amazon? I got mine today and it's awesome but the leather case is missing from the box. The area where the case would be is just empty space. I'm initiating a return and will reorder, hopefully the 2nd one won't be tampered with.

Who did you receive it from? which store? Sometimes it makes more sense to contact the store directly so they would send you the case, instead of going through return process.

May 18, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #207 of 533
Who did you receive it from? which store? Sometimes it makes more sense to contact the store directly so they would send you the case, instead of going through return process.

ProStudio Sound & Music. Good point, will reach out to them. Thanks!

Edit: Was fulfilled through Amazon however so maybe they won't be able to help. Will find out.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #208 of 533
ProStudio Sound & Music. Good point, will reach out to them. Thanks!

Edit: Was fulfilled through Amazon however so maybe they won't be able to help. Will find out.

Yeah, not sure about ProStudio and if they offer free leather case or not. I know that MusicTeck does, and usually Andrew who runs it is easy to contact directly. But either way, good luck!

May 22, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #210 of 533
I have to counter this review on several points:

1. I don't find the bass bloomy at all, not in the slightest after over 100 hours on it.

2. This player can punch with top tier, it is only midtier in price. I firmly disagree with Whitigir on this point.

3. The WiFi is not useful right now, as to stop apps you have to force stop them.

4. Sideloading apps is not convenient, not a plus, and not recommended. As there is no means to close the apps without a force stop, which is hidden along with the sideloading menu, apps reduce the stability of the system and cause overheating. I don't recommend sideloading until TheBit gets it stable.

5. I don't find the treble harsh. It is extended with a touch of emphasis that can fatigue over time.

I'm holding off on my review until a number of issues are fixed, as I want TheBit to have the opportunity to fix problems on what is a truly excellent sounding player.

I'd like to see Whitigir update the review with more listening impressions as this review felt rushed when reading to me. It is the first on HeadFi (maybe on the Internet) and shows off some very nice photos, but I'd recommend readers wait for more reviews and impressions or wait to have a listen for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back