1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bengkia369, Mar 29, 2017.
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George
    Opus #3 takes only microSD cards, not SDXC. Also, those cards are just out, not sure if many people have them already, so it may take a while before they appear in stock around the world and we can get our hands on them :)

2. shoegazebass
    Of course, that's right. Thanks for the quick reply!

3. tekkster
    I have a vague suspicion that optical out is not sending data bit perfect.

No way for me to measure, but the sound out of the h2 when connected via optical to opus 3 sounds different from all other connections to h2.

When connected via optical to opus 3, larger sounds become somewhat lower in volume while subtler sounds stay the same, which in turn makes me turn the volume up, which in turn makes subtler sounds more prominent... which i like. I like it so much, i swore i never take my h2 out, but since i’m traveling next week, seriously thinking of taking the h2 opus 3 optical combo with me.

Other usb, optical, and coax connections all sound about the same coming from the h2. It’s only the h2 optical to opus 3 that sounds different.

Which makes me imagine that maybe optical out from opus 3 is not bitperfect.

Does anyone know whether my suspicion has some foundation in reality or not?

4. Dobrescu George
    Hard to say for sure, but if you really like how it sounds, then you shouldn't be bothered about it :)

5. tekkster
    LOL. Can't a guy be curious without being bothered?

6. Dobrescu George
    But of course :)

As for your question, I never ran a test to see whether something is bit-perfect.

By any chance, do you have any EQ engaged?

7. tekkster
    Haven’t messed around with eq yet. I do with r3 and r6 but not the opus 3 yet. Haven’t turned enable eq yet, since the default with eq turned off has made me pretty happy.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  8. tekkster
    Is it normal for opus 3 to rebuild db every time you power up?

9. Dobrescu George
    Yes, it was one of the main very few negatives I found out with Opus DAPs :)

I eventually remembered to just turn it on 2-3 minutes before heading out, and that fixed the experience for me.

You should keep in mind though, that the duration of that is shorter than for other DAPs that only do it once

10. tekkster
    I see.

Bit of a shame for me. The first time the music scan is done, playlists come out perfect, but on restart and this strange re-scan, the playlists get a little funky with lots of weird repeats in each playlist. It's weird because the repeats show visually, but when playing through a playlist, the repeats don't play, so it's playing correctly, just displays doubled.

When I reset the db using "db initialize" on the device, scanning from scratch again, the playlists are nice and clean again, but...on restarting, the rescan doubles the songs in playlists again.

Not a big deal, but an awful waste of display space, and a tad annoying.

IMG_5273.jpeg IMG_5288.jpeg

11. Dobrescu George
    Oh... I havbe not used the Playlist function, so I'm not sure what to say... Maybe other users who use the Plauylist regularly can give better advice :)

I know that for folder browsing, it is the same on every restart, works flawlessly.

12. Matpar
    Just to Say, there Is a massdrop sell going on for the opus #3... Let's see if It goes!

13. Dobrescu George
    Oh, that's a lovely price for it! :)

14. Matpar
    Indeed. I took a bite, let's see what happens :)

15. specKtre
    Looking at that massdrop price... Maybe i should get a second #3. Just as an insurance in case something happens to mine :beyersmile:

Dobrescu George likes this.
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35
Next

Last