OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Oct 29, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #481 of 533
Has anyone tried a 512GB sdXC card in their Opus #3? Curious to see if it will work.

Opus #3 takes only microSD cards, not SDXC. Also, those cards are just out, not sure if many people have them already, so it may take a while before they appear in stock around the world and we can get our hands on them :)

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #483 of 533
I have a vague suspicion that optical out is not sending data bit perfect.

No way for me to measure, but the sound out of the h2 when connected via optical to opus 3 sounds different from all other connections to h2.

When connected via optical to opus 3, larger sounds become somewhat lower in volume while subtler sounds stay the same, which in turn makes me turn the volume up, which in turn makes subtler sounds more prominent... which i like. I like it so much, i swore i never take my h2 out, but since i’m traveling next week, seriously thinking of taking the h2 opus 3 optical combo with me.

Other usb, optical, and coax connections all sound about the same coming from the h2. It’s only the h2 optical to opus 3 that sounds different.

Which makes me imagine that maybe optical out from opus 3 is not bitperfect.

Does anyone know whether my suspicion has some foundation in reality or not?

Nov 28, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #484 of 533
I have a vague suspicion that optical out is not sending data bit perfect.

No way for me to measure, but the sound out of the h2 when connected via optical to opus 3 sounds different from all other connections to h2.

When connected via optical to opus 3, larger sounds become somewhat lower in volume while subtler sounds stay the same, which in turn makes me turn the volume up, which in turn makes subtler sounds more prominent... which i like. I like it so much, i swore i never take my h2 out, but since i’m traveling next week, seriously thinking of taking the h2 opus 3 optical combo with me.

Other usb, optical, and coax connections all sound about the same coming from the h2. It’s only the h2 optical to opus 3 that sounds different.

Which makes me imagine that maybe optical out from opus 3 is not bitperfect.

Does anyone know whether my suspicion has some foundation in reality or not?

Hard to say for sure, but if you really like how it sounds, then you shouldn't be bothered about it :)

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #489 of 533
Is it normal for opus 3 to rebuild db every time you power up?

Yes, it was one of the main very few negatives I found out with Opus DAPs :)

I eventually remembered to just turn it on 2-3 minutes before heading out, and that fixed the experience for me.

You should keep in mind though, that the duration of that is shorter than for other DAPs that only do it once

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #490 of 533
I see.

Bit of a shame for me. The first time the music scan is done, playlists come out perfect, but on restart and this strange re-scan, the playlists get a little funky with lots of weird repeats in each playlist. It's weird because the repeats show visually, but when playing through a playlist, the repeats don't play, so it's playing correctly, just displays doubled.

When I reset the db using "db initialize" on the device, scanning from scratch again, the playlists are nice and clean again, but...on restarting, the rescan doubles the songs in playlists again.

Not a big deal, but an awful waste of display space, and a tad annoying.

IMG_5273.jpegIMG_5288.jpeg

Nov 30, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #491 of 533
I see.

Bit of a shame for me. The first time the music scan is done, playlists come out perfect, but on restart and this strange re-scan, the playlists get a little funky with lots of weird repeats in each playlist. It's weird because the repeats show visually, but when playing through a playlist, the repeats don't play, so it's playing correctly, just displays doubled.

When I reset the db using "db initialize" on the device, scanning from scratch again, the playlists are nice and clean again, but...on restarting, the rescan doubles the songs in playlists again.

Not a big deal, but an awful waste of display space, and a tad annoying.

Oh... I havbe not used the Playlist function, so I'm not sure what to say... Maybe other users who use the Plauylist regularly can give better advice :)

I know that for folder browsing, it is the same on every restart, works flawlessly.

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #492 of 533
Just to Say, there Is a massdrop sell going on for the opus #3... Let's see if It goes!

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #494 of 533
Indeed. I took a bite, let's see what happens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back