Opus #2 repairs?
Nov 14, 2019 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

IamMe90

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

In short, I'm wondering who or where I can get my Opus #2 that I've had for a little under a year repaired. I attempted to reach out to the email address listed on TheBit's website with no response... my unit is seriously messed up. Both the front and back panels come off of it if the device isn't in the case. There don't appear to be any screws to keep the panels from falling off the main board - not sure if they came out or if it was initially glued together or what. I attached a couple pictures for context.

I can no longer connect the device's internal storage to my computer because the usb port is so finnicky that it won't stay connected for longer than a fraction of a second - it also takes forever to charge due to this issue, and it appears it won't play music from my microSD card either (though it recognizes it and displays its contents on the device display).

I know that repairs aren't really what this forum is for so my apologies, but I'm just trying to find any help being pointed in the right direction from anyone here who may have owned this otherwise wonderful device (LOVE how it sounds!). I've only had it less than a year and it cost me a bunch of money so it would suck to chalk this one up to a complete loss.

If it's pertinent at all, I purchased it from an online retailer called MusicTeck.

Thanks to anyone who can potentially help me out here!

Attachments

• IMG-6205.JPG
    IMG-6205.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-6204.JPG
    IMG-6204.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 14, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 11
Hi all,

In short, I'm wondering who or where I can get my Opus #2 that I've had for a little under a year repaired. I attempted to reach out to the email address listed on TheBit's website with no response... my unit is seriously messed up. Both the front and back panels come off of it if the device isn't in the case. There don't appear to be any screws to keep the panels from falling off the main board - not sure if they came out or if it was initially glued together or what. I attached a couple pictures for context.

I can no longer connect the device's internal storage to my computer because the usb port is so finnicky that it won't stay connected for longer than a fraction of a second - it also takes forever to charge due to this issue, and it appears it won't play music from my microSD card either (though it recognizes it and displays its contents on the device display).

I know that repairs aren't really what this forum is for so my apologies, but I'm just trying to find any help being pointed in the right direction from anyone here who may have owned this otherwise wonderful device (LOVE how it sounds!). I've only had it less than a year and it cost me a bunch of money so it would suck to chalk this one up to a complete loss.

If it's pertinent at all, I purchased it from an online retailer called MusicTeck.

Thanks to anyone who can potentially help me out here!
Pictures?

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 11
Nov 15, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #6 of 11
ooh, maybe the battery swelled and it causes the front panel.to come off. i have contacted thebit for months now and they havent replied even a single email yet. my opus1s battery swelled and i contacted them for battery replacement but it seems that they are dead or out of business i i guess. but im glad i found an aliexpress seller which sells battery for opus1s, problem solved.

Nov 15, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #7 of 11
ooh, maybe the battery swelled and it causes the front panel.to come off. i have contacted thebit for months now and they havent replied even a single email yet. my opus1s battery swelled and i contacted them for battery replacement but it seems that they are dead or out of business i i guess. but im glad i found an aliexpress seller which sells battery for opus1s, problem solved.
Is there an official thread for the company on Head-Fi? I have to believe some one, somewhere, can repair that thing... Be careful with Ali Express... I ordered a case off their Oct 15, and I have no idea where it is.

Nov 15, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #8 of 11
i have been using the battery for 2 weeks now and its fine, its smaller than the original (dimensions), but it packs 5000mah as per description, but im not sure if its really is 5000mah, but it holds enough to power at least 10 hrs in balanced mode..

Nov 15, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 11
Sorry about that, I thought I attached them to the post with the "Upload a File" option but I guess that didn't work. Here are urls to the images:

https://ibb.co/jWkk783
https://ibb.co/MGz6GpG

It just looks like you're missing the screws that hold it together. A few users had loose screws that they needed to check.

I'll try and get a measurement of the screws at some point unless someone else can do it before me.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #11 of 11
It just looks like you're missing the screws that hold it together. A few users had loose screws that they needed to check.

I'll try and get a measurement of the screws at some point unless someone else can do it before me.

Thank you sir! that would be amazing if you're able to find out the size but either way really appreciate the diagnostic insight lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back