Opus #1s OR Ibasso DX90 OR LG V30
Oct 5, 2018 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mhog55

Headphoneus Supremus
Having a hard time deciding if I want a DAP, or if it's going to be worth the expense.
I was 100% sold on the Opus #1s, but after reading the 38 page thread on here, I'm now having doubts. Some say it sounds very thin with little weight and energy. One guy stated that the Shanling M3s has more power and better synergy with full size cans. I find that hard to believe, as I had an M2s, and it was quite terrible. It sounded completely congested and couldn't drive my 58X worth a crap. My V30 pushes them just fine.
My reason for wanting a DAP is for uninterrupted listening. If someone could let me know if the Opus #1s will drive the 58X to generous listening levels, that would be great. On paper, it absolutely should.
Then there's the DX90. I've contemplated this one as well, but it seems awfully buggy. Which has better driving capabilities, the DX90 or the Opus #1s? I listen to rock n roll pretty much exclusively. I don't do IEM's, and here is a list of the cans I'd want to use with a DAP.
Sennheiser HD 58X and HD 25
HIFIMAN Edition S
Meze 99 Classics
B&O H6
M-Audio Q40
Thinksound On2
I've floated some similar questions around on this forum, but haven't received very many responses. I'm really hoping this will be different. 360 dollars is a lot to drop on a DAP for me. I would think that for that kind of money, I would get better audio quality than my V30. I say this because it's an audio only device. It does nothing but play music. No streaming, Bluetooth, etc.
So many conflicting reviews and opinions, it's hard to know what to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back