Optimus (Radio Shack) PRO 35....... a good starter?
Dec 1, 2002 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dudlew

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I was just wondering about your opinions about this headphone. I know its a Koss under radio shack livery and I did pay too much for it. (US$ 50 in Trinidad). But to me its a good headphone. Yrue the bass is a bit 'thumpy' but I actually preferred the sound of this to the porta pros which, ( comparing the two with my now dead MDMS702 minidisc player), to me sounded too bright and edgy at the top and with a less fuller sound.

I think that these are a good starter phones. I would like our opinions though. I have not had the opportunity to listen to much else.

These were a big revalation for me over my previous headphones which were Cobys (I dont remember the model number). They had alot of bass but they distorted easier than the pro 35s and had a really messed up midrange which made them sound really unbalanced to my ears (to think I actually liked those Cobys!!!).

So what do you think? for me I prefer the sound of the pro 35 to the porta pros (the ones that fold and has a mute button?).

What are your views on this headphone? Is it a good starter for someone new to better quality portable gear?

I hope I hear good thing cuz then I wont be pused to upgrade soon .... and that hole in my wallet........... it keeps growing and growing and growing.......
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 10
dudlew
HI: Welcome to head-fi. JUDE did a post on the new soon to be release Sennheiser PX100 and PX200 fold up portable headphones. You can read his post on them right on this page. Oh they are 32 ohms.

Dec 2, 2002 at 10:11 AM Post #5 of 10
Too Young for that wallijonn!!!!! (only 25)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 10
I am not encouraging anyone to buy these I just want encouragement not to buy another phone for right now. Thats why I ask if you all think this is a good starter....... once owned that is.

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #7 of 10
I was given these sometime back and was looking to replace them so I went
online and discovered they can be purchased at Radio Shack. I'm quite pleased with mine! I would gladly pay $30-$40 for another pair.
Ernie [new member]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back