Optical audio out from PS3 to connect to USB sound system??
Aug 14, 2009 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cravenz

Headphoneus Supremus
as the thread title suggests; is there a way to connect out from the PS3 to my USB speakers? I don't wanna run the 3.5mm headphone jack cos that would just result in way too much loss of audio quality.

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 4
The cabling websites I've checked don't seem to have anything quite like it...no offense, but that's not something the average person would want to do.
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't know anything about the PS3's sound quality but it's possible the lineout from the PS3 is higher quality than in your USB speakers. I heard some people say they thought the PS3 was a sufficiently good optical transport, and Sony probably took sound quality into consideration when they made the PS3.

Aug 14, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by zacharace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cabling websites I've checked don't seem to have anything quite like it...no offense, but that's not something the average person would want to do.
wink.gif

yeah i know. it's kinda why i've actually posted the topic up to try and figure out if there was a way around this =)

I might just run an RCA out from my television and into the speakers audio in and see how that goes. crosses fingers. but in the mean time, if anyone can think of something else, shoot. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back