1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions

First

Back
380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389
391 392
Next

Last
  1. Chris Kaoss
    Hi guys.
    Got the PM-3 since monday and take a lot of listening to them.
    Bought them used from a Forums member for 200€ in mint conditions, thanks to kendo. :)

Its a fabulous set of cans.
    I'm pleased by its overall sound signature out of the box, so relaxed and sturdy.
    Right out of the V30 its suberb also.
    Not as dynamic, textured and lively like the Era-1, but with a better ooomph. :o2smile:
    The musicality is a strength of the PM-3.
    Have to play with them for a while to find my sweet spot.
    Needs a lil boost in the upper mids and highs for my likings.

Great headphones for travelling and commuting.
    I got no regrets to jump on. :L3000:

P.s. You guys have to listen to You'll be fine by Alex Clare - Tail of Lions. :wink:

Btw.
    Fit and comfort is unexpected. Soft, with a perfekt seal. Really nice.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. Slim1970
    Glad you are enjoying them so far. I listen to mine out of the CEntrance DACportable. I turn on the bass boost and it adds some sub bass without messing with the midrange. I also turn on the treble boost, which adds that sparkle to the treble you’re seeking. I find the DACportable better than the Oppo HA-2se which adds more mid bass and muddies up the mid range to my ears. You should also get the the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable for them as the last tweak. It really enhances and opens up the sound of the PM3’s. The combination of the DACportable and Silver Dragon cable is a great portable experience.

3. iFi audio
    Very nice! Enjoy! Also, the price was great. No regreats!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
  4. Fra D
    Rip off the old pads from the plastic frame (they are folded over the rim), and do it like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  5. Charlie Norwood
    The Forza audio cable came today, looks pretty great but can't really say how it sounds because whenever I use any 6.3 plug in my ifi black label that isn't the generic gold 6.3-3.5 adapter that came with the device, I only get the left channel of audio - unless I apply downward pressure to connect the right channel. :weary::weary::weary:

I've put a support ticket in but I'm out of warranty so not looking forward to the cost or the wait. :worried:

6. Chris Kaoss
    Is there some waste in the socket?
    Got this problem with my V30 till i solved it by pulling the cotton fiber out.:ksc75smile:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  7. Matez
    Things we at times find stuffed in our audio products' holes, eh? :darthsmile:

8. Chris Kaoss
    :grin:
    From time to time, specially on mobile audio gear. ^^

It means, i've to increase my time for listen and never unplug my headphones. :dt880smile:

9. Charlie Norwood
    Haha, no, no waste in the socket. I wish that was the issue. I've actually always had the 3.5 adapter in there, likely that moving around and expanding the connections could have been the issue. It's basically less than a mm of space that's causing the one channel to not connect. I've got a ticket in with ifi and will get it repaired, it's fine, these things happen. In the meantime I've got a double adapter going. And this Forza cable is OUTSTANDING. The upgrade was instantly noticeable. I've spent so much time with the stock cable that it was easy to tell. Highly recommend it. Thank you @Matez !!!

10. Matez
    You're welcome!

11. timechaser
    For those using the PM3 with the ES100.

I am thinking of getting a short cable and stick the ES100 to the side of the Oppo. Anyone tried this, if so - are you using balanced or other? Any advice on the cable?

P.S. Just to add - right now using the FIIO BTR3 in precisely this format. the ES100 balanced should theoretically be better, but the combination (to me at least) sounds great, and has turned my Oppo into portable wireless cans :wink:

Oh and yes, I am pretty sure this would sound better wired (I have the HA2 as well to use), but I love the ease of use of wireless.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  12. Bambule
    Thinking of getting some brainwavz replacement pads. Any experiences on the sq change with the sheepskin angled vs the flat ones?
    Thanks

13. megabigeye
    I got the angled PU leather, not the lambskin, and I do not notice any difference in the sound other than a somewhat wider headstage. Even that change was subtle compared to changing from solid state to tubes.

14. Bambule
    A question about the mod with the brainwavz earpads using the ring from the original pads: is it necessary to glue it at all? I'm wondering if it's not enough that the earpads are being pressed to the headphone when the ring is being clipped to the housing to get them stay in place? I mean the earpad leather part which is being squeezed between ring and headphone
    (Hope this is understandable englisch)

15. blockchainhero
    Just received a lightly used set of these. So far so good - I may write up a cross-tier shootout on the topic of diminishing returns.

First

Back
380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389
391 392
Next

Last