OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Nov 11, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #482 of 743
hey guys anymore comparisons between the pm-2 and lcd-2.2non-f?

Like many, looking for an alternative to the lcd's, do to it weight.

PM-2 is infinitely more comfortable. Infinitely. The LCD2 has more bass and smoother roll off of the treble. The PM-2 is more mids-focused in comparison to the LCD2, with a much quicker treble roll off. These headphones are more alike than they are different when it comes to sound. Many cite the LCD2 as being more detailed, I disagree. I purely think this is a byproduct of the smoother treble roll off.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #483 of 743
  Do any PM2 owners also have the PM3? I have the PM3 and really enjoy the sound but find myself craving a more open soundstage with the same kind of sig. Now that I have gotten used to that Planar magic my AKG K7XX are just not engaging me enough.

So I am considering adding the PM2 but worried that it will be too similar? Will this be the case and if so could anyone recommend an alternative? I am also curious about the Nighthawks but there is such a mixed reaction and no professional reviews so far. I just want something musical and engaging rather than analytical. I also have a small head so need lightish headphones.

Hello to you.  I have both the PM-3's and the PM-2's and there is a difference in sound.  The 2's are more open in the soundstage, but not too much.  There seems to be a little more air between the instruments.  Caution though, they will not only let sound out, but also sound in.  I use my 3's when out in the public, and I use my 2's while at work or at home in a quite space.  Both are very comfortable over a period of time, although I find myself figiting some when I have to wear my glasses.  The 2's have become my go-to headphones, and the 3's complement them very well.

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #484 of 743
  Hello to you.  I have both the PM-3's and the PM-2's and there is a difference in sound.  The 2's are more open in the soundstage, but not too much.  There seems to be a little more air between the instruments.  Caution though, they will not only let sound out, but also sound in.  I use my 3's when out in the public, and I use my 2's while at work or at home in a quite space.  Both are very comfortable over a period of time, although I find myself figiting some when I have to wear my glasses.  The 2's have become my go-to headphones, and the 3's complement them very well.

Same here +1

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #485 of 743

Same here +1

Me as well ... PM2 is go to at home.  If I need closed back then PM3.  PM2 very noticeably better than PM3 but the PM3 is superb in it's own right.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #487 of 743
Hi everyone, I've just joined the club. It's going to take a few days for PM-2s to arrive at my house, however. I hope it's even more awesome than PM-3 which is already awesome.
smile.gif

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #488 of 743
Hi everyone, I've just joined the club. It's going to take a few days for PM-2s to arrive at my house, however. I hope it's even more awesome than PM-3 which is already awesome. :smile:

Welcome to th club. Sure you will like it. I love them. I purchased recently the PM-1 standard leather lads and love the PM-2 even more with them. Awesome cans. It's not a must upgrade but I really love a bit more bass slam.

Cheers,
K

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #489 of 743
Welcome to th club. Sure you will like it. I love them. I purchased recently the PM-1 standard leather lads and love the PM-2 even more with them. Awesome cans. It's not a must upgrade but I really love a bit more bass slam.

Cheers,
K

Thanks mate. Yes, I'm going to buy those pads as well. I bought the PM-2 from a local, I'll have to order leather pads from Oppo I guess. I love quality bass so any more of that would be great.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #491 of 743
Hey guys, I only have these four headphones :

And the PM2 is on the right.

I had owned the PM1 before but did not like the subdued honey trebles, which my past modded Ultrasone ed8 surpassed.

So I was not expecting much from the PM2 but needed a more open can so I purchased because I do love the design and construction.

Boy was I shocked just how good the PM2 is!

The trebles are more precise and realistic and now more noticable.

It also seems to have more bass, yet not as open as the PM1.

So I have been reading thru this thread and now have new velour pads
Which to me sounds even better than stock pads by having greater soundstage and better overall tonality.

I have since removed the center felt which increased trebles and detailing to even greater levels of realism.

These PM2 keep utterly surprising me just how good they sound out of portable gear.
:)

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #493 of 743
Hey guys, I only have these four headphones :

Does you HD800 have glitter on them or my eyes are playing tricks ? :smile:  

Haha yes I tend to go overboard sometimes,

So yes you are correct that's sparkle plus fairy dust you see there..
:p

Oh well, it provides a good contrast to the PM2,
to which has a thicker presentation.

Dec 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #494 of 743
These sound great so far, got them today... What pads do you recommend though? Original leather pads or velour? I'd prefer the one with more bass extension/slam.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #495 of 743
These sound great so far, got them today... What pads do you recommend though? Original leather pads or velour? I'd prefer the one with more bass extension/slam.

You have four choices I assume:

Check Tyll innerfidelity review as it is HUGE LY informative :

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/portable-luxury-lower-price-oppo-pm-2

*edit* I am using the velours & will post more comments later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back