OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Oct 12, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #466 of 743
Hello to you.  Had the HA-2, bought the PM-3 and loved them!!  Now that I have the PM-2's, I think I am in Heaven!  The main difference I see is that the PM-2's open up and give more space in terms of sound stage and between the notes, but they are open back and others in the room can hear your music, and you hear more outside noise.  I take both pairs with me, using the PM-3's when I am in the public and/or around other people, and when I am by myself and in a quieter environment, I enjoy the PM-2's.  Glad I have both!  Not looking to move up anytime soon, other than at some point I may look at the HA-1.  Hope this helps.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #467 of 743
Received my new 2.5mm balanced Silver Dragon today!
Will be busy during the weekend comparing with oem 3.5mm unbalanced.
This cable add 50% cost to Oppp PM2=PM-1

Any bro can advise if I can buy the PM-1 original ear pad.
Thanks

Bro I can't wait to buy the pm1 pads,can give me the link?
I stay at SG too,thanks!

http://oppodigital.com/products.asp?cat=44

They will ship directly to locations outside the U.S. if you use this order form:

https://www.oppodigital.com/OPPO-Offline-OrderForm.aspx

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #469 of 743
Upgraded Moon Audio Silver Dragon 2.5mm TRRS cable balanced connector for PM-2 increase volume by 8-10%.
Stereo imaging greatly improved++,Ben E. King's vocal clearer,high freq+.
Classical,bass fast and clean though I can't tell it can go lower.
But listening to Diana Krall 'You're My Thrill' 0:49 no as sexy as AK Angie IEM.I know it's not a good comparison but I played it on W60,S846,Sen800,Sony Z5 in the end bought the Angie.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #471 of 743
Just listening to PM-2's via my HA-2.  I seem to remember people said somewhere the PM-2's don't sound better through a dedicated amp than a HA-2 ... well, sorry, I have to disagree !  

I love my PM-2's but they sound far, far more detailed and open through my Pioneer U-05 amp than the little HA-2.  It's doing a grand job but just doesn't sound anywhere near as impactive as when the PM-2's are plugged into the Pioneer !!   Not bad at all but the PM-3's in the HA-2 are a lot better in my opinion.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #473 of 743
Guys,
Need you real advise, I'm seriously looking Pm-2 as my next purchase, but I have only portable player to play it.
My M1 have next spec:

Amp analog output: 2.8V RMS highest, 97% volume output, distortion <= 0.003%, desktop class AB amp circuits, power output, third gear gain
Line Output: 1.4V RMS
Coaxial output: 0.5V p-p, PCM & DSD (DOP)
Distortion + Noise (headphone output): <= 0.002% (44.1khz, 1khz DS3)
Dynamic ratio (headphone output):> = 115db.
Background noise (headphone output): <- 130db.

Is it enough to open PM-2 or I need an amp for it?

Thank you.

Oct 19, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #474 of 743
The PM-2 I guess will work fine.  As I have said earlier though IMO it works better out of a dedicated amp.  Other people differ in this view but at the end of the day it will be fine for you ... but may be even better with an amp in the mix :)

I use mine with an HA-2.  It works OK out of my Samsung S6 too ... but most of the time I use it through my Pioneer amp as I just prefer that sound.  Each to their own though.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #477 of 743
But is there any audio difference ?   Common sense says there is unlikely to be ... but I may be wrong :)

There is proof of the sonic changes, check out innerfidelity.com , they measured them with the different pads. Changes their sound a bit. I have the PM-2 and am interested in getting the PM-1 leather pads....

Cheers,
K

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #478 of 743
There is proof of the sonic changes, check out innerfidelity.com , they measured them with the different pads. Changes their sound a bit. I have the PM-2 and am interested in getting the PM-1 leather pads....

Cheers,
K

I have read that article but got somewhat confused by all the different combinations being spoken about.  

I read it as the PM-2 with the original leather pads was different ... and somewhat more pleasing to the ear  - not the alternate PM-1 leather pads which can be bought for the PM-2.

Or have I read it wrong ?

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #479 of 743
  I have read that article but got somewhat confused by all the different combinations being spoken about.  

I read it as the PM-2 with the original leather pads was different ... and somewhat more pleasing to the ear  - not the alternate PM-1 leather pads which can be bought for the PM-2.

Or have I read it wrong ?

Yes, the article lacks definitively some clarity. And again, yes, the original PM-1 leather pads are the ones Tyll recommends. A friend just got the PM-1 - once he finally gets the time to unpack it, I will haul my PM-2 over to his place and try the pads out. I am interested in the velour pads for my PM-2....But have no issues at all with the standard PM-2 pads, but upgraditis is a serious disease.

Cheers,
K

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #480 of 743
But is there any audio difference ?   Common sense says there is unlikely to be ... but I may be wrong :)
After upgraded to silver dragon 2.5mm balanced cable,I perfer PM2 more than AK Angie.My PM2 was not impressive on SE 3.5mm vs Angie.
Still headphone is more stressful on my ears than IEM.With PM1 original pads I can extend my listening duration x2.
PM2 pads(aka PM1 alternate pads)are quite warm on the ears.
Pads might change the sound to better or worst by abit which I choose not to know.Comfort makes the music sound nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back