OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 743

lukeap69

Headphoneus Supremus
Hope there will be no delay and will get the notification soon so I can press the purchase button...

gs1000.gif

Edit: PM-2 have starting shipping. You can post your impressions here.

Edit 2: Link to Tyll's review of PM-2 http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/portable-luxury-lower-price-oppo-pm-2.

Hans030390 review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/oppo-pm-2/reviews/11555

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 743
No doubt! With the price drop from PM1, who isn't waiting with a desperate hope that these are up there with the likes of Audeze!!!! Thats a possible reach but if you've heard their products to date, outstanding!! A 384kHz 32bit chip -come on man that headphone amp has to rock and with their headphones, a perfect match Im sure. Im waiting for both. I doubt Ill get the amp but who knows (just bought a house- mortgage and hopefully a boy on the way) I have the 105D blu-ray which sounds screwing unreal with headphones and on my magnepans with my BAT VK-55 tube amp- I melt as it oozes with blackness and crisp highs but not ear - "turn it down" shattering tinny sound. The big tubes on my power amp have allot to due with it too but its a keeper if you are looking for an all around cd-sacd-headphone amp-streamer-it does it all and by the way the upscale from 2d-3d isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Cheers to the PM2!!!!!!!!

Steve

Jun 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 743
After PM-2, HA-1 is my next target. I heard so much good things on this bad boy. Kudos to Oppo!

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 743
From the PM-1 thread, it seems PM-2 will be available by end of June or in July :disappointed:

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 743
Oppo website now states August 2014 for the release of the PM-2

Thanks for the heads up. I was tempted to buy another pair of phones but August is just few days away, I may have the patience to wait a little longer. :)

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 743
Without breaking any confidential information, if you have not done so already, and you are seriously considering purchasing the PM-2, head over to the PM-2 website immediately and sign up to be notified on PM-2 headphones

EDIT: Start checking your E-mails, as there is an August 8th surprise.

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 743
  Without breaking any confidential information, if you have not done so already, and you are seriously considering purchasing the PM-2, head over to the PM-2 website immediately and sign up to be notified on PM-2 headphones

EDIT: Start checking your E-mails, as there is an August 8th surprise.

I've already signed up couple of moons ago and received the email today about the availability and pre-order. Just placed my order. Thanks!

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #9 of 743
I've noticed that the cables on the PM-2 Specifications are listed to be the same as PM-1 (i.e. 3m OCC and 1m OFC.) Is that an error?

Cables3 m detachable OCC cable (6.35 mm)
1 m detachable OFC cable (3.5 mm)

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #11 of 743
Aug 1, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 743
It helps being a small company. I literally walked into the CFO's office to make sure that we are still using OFC, which he confirmed, walked down to the person who handles our website, told him what to correct, and the correction went live immediately.

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #13 of 743
Very good for the customers (like me) I guess. :)

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #14 of 743
Just ordered the PM-2.  I find it funny that I have demoed so many high-end cans and have agonized and been unable to pull the trigger on any.  And now I am buying a not inexpensive headphone that I have never heard. But since they are not going to be in stores and Oppo has a generous 30-day return policy this feels like the right call since on paper and based on reviews the Oppo PM-2 ticks so many boxes for me.

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #15 of 743
  Just ordered the PM-2.  I find it funny that I have demoed so many high-end cans and have agonized and been unable to pull the trigger on any.  And now I am buying a not inexpensive headphone that I have never heard. But since they are not going to be in stores and Oppo has a generous 30-day return policy this feels like the right call since on paper and based on reviews the Oppo PM-2 ticks so many boxes for me.

Will not be in stores? Ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back