OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Feb 27, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #738 of 761
Glad you were able to make the change. I should have been more thoughtful. I had my mind on informing instead of privacy where is should have been. Best, JS
Hey JS, I didn't see your response to AnakChan before making my last one. As I'd said there, I'd thought it was due to just a slip-up along the lines of just what you had said. I know that I hate it when I do that!
Best,
CoffeeDog

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #739 of 761
Well Oppo and @Jiffy Squid, it took me almost 3 years after hearing the PM-1 for the first time to FINALLY have attained one myself. If it wasn't for this tour and you approving me for it, I'd still be searching for my ideal headphone. The PM-1 completes EVERYTHING I've wanted or could want in a headphone and I'm still mesmerized to finally have one. So again, thank you @Jiffy Squid for approving me way back when to be a part of this tour.

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #740 of 761
Well Oppo and @Jiffy Squid, it took me almost 3 years after hearing the PM-1 for the first time to FINALLY have attained one myself. If it wasn't for this tour and you approving me for it, I'd still be searching for my ideal headphone. The PM-1 completes EVERYTHING I've wanted or could want in a headphone and I'm still mesmerized to finally have one. So again, thank you @Jiffy Squid for approving me way back when to be a part of this tour.
I had to settle on the Lcs2c for 600.00, but the pm-1 oppened my eyes to planars and i would have loved to purchase a pair, but could not find a used pair. Some day i hope to get a pair.

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #741 of 761
I had to settle on the Lcs2c for 600.00, but the pm-1 oppened my eyes to planars and i would have loved to purchase a pair, but could not find a used pair. Some day i hope to get a pair.
I really appreciate everyone that liked the PM-1s. I thought the sound was outstanding but the comfort factor would keep me from purchasing. The ear cup just did not fit my ears. I can wear the HD-800s for hours and feel no discomfort at all. A bit larger ear cup would make the PM-1s headphones that would be more representative of their price range. Best, JS

Mar 25, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #742 of 761

It took me 3 years to find a used pair in the price range I could afford so I definitely feel you but the LCD-2 isn't no slacker though my friend!

Mar 25, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #743 of 761
It took me 3 years to find a used pair in the price range I could afford so I definitely feel you but the LCD-2 isn't no slacker though my friend!
I love the LCD2c. I am really happy with them. Just makes me want to try more planars as I have only tried the PM-1. Pm-3 and the lcd2c. I was underwhelmed with the pm-3 but happy with the pm-1 and love the lcd2c.

Mar 25, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #744 of 761
Please do not think that I was in any way being critical of the Audeze LCD-2 headphones. I am a great fan of the LCD-2s and love the planar sound. They remind me of the many pairs of Maganapans that I have owned. I am in my 70s so have had plenty of time to go through some speakers. My criticism was directed at the Oppo PM-1s and not there because of their sound. It is just that I have listened to them on an extended basis and could never get a good fit on my ear. I am also a great fan of Oppo and have owned several Oppo DVD units (Now have the 205). So if my comment hit you the wrong way I sincerely apologize. Good listening, JS

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #745 of 761
Please do not think that I was in any way being critical of the Audeze LCD-2 headphones. I am a great fan of the LCD-2s and love the planar sound. They remind me of the many pairs of Maganapans that I have owned. I am in my 70s so have had plenty of time to go through some speakers. My criticism was directed at the Oppo PM-1s and not there because of their sound. It is just that I have listened to them on an extended basis and could never get a good fit on my ear. I am also a great fan of Oppo and have owned several Oppo DVD units (Now have the 205). So if my comment hit you the wrong way I sincerely apologize. Good listening, JS

??? Nope, nothing wrong with what said at all. Even if you didn't like the Oppo's at all it's to each their own and nothing you said was an attack on anyone so I didn't see anything of malicious intent, unless *LE GASP* YOU WANTED TO TAKE US OFF GUARD!!!! Oh ho ho I'm on to you sir *watching you meme*!!!

I love the LCD2c. I am really happy with them. Just makes me want to try more planars as I have only tried the PM-1. Pm-3 and the lcd2c. I was underwhelmed with the pm-3 but happy with the pm-1 and love the lcd2c.

I wasn't a fan at all of the PM-3's either. Though it's control is phenominal I just don't care at all for a bass-light/cold sounding headphone.

How do you think they compare with the current fazor LCD-2's? I'm reading some very differing opinions on the two as for the sound.

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #746 of 761
??? Nope, nothing wrong with what said at all. Even if you didn't like the Oppo's at all it's to each their own and nothing you said was an attack on anyone so I didn't see anything of malicious intent, unless *LE GASP* YOU WANTED TO TAKE US OFF GUARD!!!! Oh ho ho I'm on to you sir *watching you meme*!!!

I wasn't a fan at all of the PM-3's either. Though it's control is phenominal I just don't care at all for a bass-light/cold sounding headphone.

How do you think they compare with the current fazor LCD-2's? I'm reading some very differing opinions on the two as for the sound.
I have not heard any other Audeze headphones. I hear the lcd-2 are a little more neatural. I just cant really imagine liking it much, but who knows.

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #748 of 761
Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #750 of 761
Seeing that Oppo has bowed out of manufacturing headphones; can anyone suggest an alternative to the PM-1? I fell in love with them when I got the chance to audition them during this tour. I've yet to find one new or used at a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back