1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51
Next

Last
  1. CoffeeDog
    @chef8489 I remember reading about your health issues and do hope your have recovered, or at least are well on the road to good health. I wish you could have given them a good listening to, but health does override all else. Perhaps you can try once again.

@chuzzlewitt Thanks for the heads-up. Did you enjoy the PM-1? I have a set of PM-3s that I'd purchased after auditioning them on their tour (these "free" demos are starting to get expensive!) and like them very much. I can't really imagine a better sounding travel pair of phones.

My real curiosity is how the PM-1s will compare to the Hifiman HE-1000v1. I guess I'm a fan of planar magnetic headphones (I haven't tried electrostatics, but I'd likely enjoy them as well) and the PM-1 could throw a wrench into my "settled and satisfied" headphone system mix!

2. chuzzlewitt
    [QUOTE="CoffeeDog, post: 14003331,

@chuzzlewitt Thanks for the heads-up. Did you enjoy the PM-1? I have a set of PM-3s that I'd purchased after auditioning them on their tour (these "free" demos are starting to get expensive!) and like them very much. I can't really imagine a better sounding travel pair of phones.

My real curiosity is how the PM-1s will compare to the Hifiman HE-1000v1. I guess I'm a fan of planar magnetic headphones (I haven't tried electrostatics, but I'd likely enjoy them as well) and the PM-1 could throw a wrench into my "settled and satisfied" headphone system mix![/QUOTE]

I can’t speak to how they compare to the HiFiman HE-1000v1. I do know they are the most well and beautifully built headphones I’ve ever used. As for sound, I had the Oppo PM-3s and love them. They are a killer value for closed backs and use them all the time. My biggest disappointment with the PM-1s is that they are too similar to the PM-3s. For the price, I expect them to perform better. They are still great but the Focal Clears are far superior. I even ended up preferring the HE-4XX at $169 over the PM-1s. I know that can sound like an insult but great headphone value can be had so readily these days that I think the PM-1s have not kept up with advancements in affordable, quality sound. That being said, they still sound great.

It’s never been a better time to be a headphone enthusiast.

3. chef8489
    I did get a chance to listen to them and they are by far my favorite i have listened to thus far. I prefered them over the pm-3, hd650, k7xx, t1, and t5p. I have not had a chance to try out any other planars but would love to. I did not purchase the he4xx as i was worried they were no where in the same league. I thought about purchasing the audeez lcd-2 classic, but was unsure and then someting else in life came up. Alas. I am stuck for now with my k7xx on my desktop setup.

4. jinxy245
    I think I'd like to give the PM1 a try, if there's still room

I doubt you'd remember ( @Jiffy Squid ), but the PM3 was the 1st 'tour' I participated in

I agree to all the terms and conditions.

thanks!

5. ExpiredLabel
    Any chance of more tour participants?

6. Tex Irie
    To clarify I received the PM-1's 4 days later on November 30th. I notified Chef8489 and Jiffy Squid about the delay. I sent the PM-1's to Chuzzlewitt on December 7th. I notified Jiffy Squid that the PM-1's were already in transit on December 9th. I received confirmation they were delivered on December 11th.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  7. Tex Irie

8. chef8489
    No worries. Tracked down that they wentbout to next person.

9. CoffeeDog
    I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, if so ruffled. Writing when you have the flu is often not the best idea, and I think I'd given the wrong impression. I was thinking more along the lines of the headphones having been broken and sent back to Oppo or some such thing. The thread had gone dormant and, being immersed in studies (old guy in college), thought I may have missed something. Thanks to everyone who'd responded! These tours are a wonderful opportunity, even if they are hard on the wallet. I've still got the flu, so I'd better stop typing now before I say something else that's... poorly thought out.

That being said, thanks once again to Oppo for giving us all the ability to demo their phones!

10. Tex Irie
    No offense taken... The PM-1's are great headphones easily worth the asking price. I'd give up my Pioneer SE-Monitor5's for in a heartbeat.

11. Jim Spec

12. Jim Spec
    Chris,

The PM1s are now in the hands of the next user. Thanks again, JS
    [Private info deleted by mod]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
  13. CoffeeDog

Hi there Jim Spec, and thank you for sending the PM-1s on to me. I especially want to thank you for sending them without any notification that they were on the way (my wife was at home to receive them, fortunately) as well as for posting my personal information in an open forum on the Internet. Everyone loves surprises!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
  14. Jim Spec
    Sorry you were displeased with the way I handled shipping the PM1s to you. I only received you name and address. I put my phone number and email address on the FEDEX form because I did not have yours. Perhaps you could specify more information in the future if you want your mailing and personal information handled in a specific. Again, I apologize for ruffling your feathers, JS

15. AnakChan Moderator
    I've modified the posts. It should be obvious personal names and addresses should not be posted in a public forum.

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51
Next

Last