OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jan 22, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #4,668 of 4,883
Found the file to upgrade. For those who need v6.76, here's the link
http://download.oppodigital.com/HA2/fw_U6_apple_role_switch_dfu_device_host_6.7.6_1.2.3.bin

And for mac users, you can use (OPPO HA-1 Firmware Upgrade Tool) which can be found in the official site under Sonica DAC -> Support -> (USB DAC Firmware Latest Official Release Version) NOT (Main Firmware Latest Official Release Version). DO NOT use the firmware under Sonica DAC, but use the firmware file shown above. You just need the upgrade tool in Sonica DAC.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #4,669 of 4,883
Found the file to upgrade. For those who need v6.76, here's the link
http://download.oppodigital.com/HA2/fw_U6_apple_role_switch_dfu_device_host_6.7.6_1.2.3.bin

And for mac users, you can use (OPPO HA-1 Firmware Upgrade Tool) which can be found in the official site under Sonica DAC -> Support -> (USB DAC Firmware Latest Official Release Version) NOT (Main Firmware Latest Official Release Version). DO NOT use the firmware under Sonica DAC, but use the firmware file shown above. You just need the upgrade tool in Sonica DAC.

how does this actually work? I get "access denied"

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #4,670 of 4,883
Really reviving this thread.
I could and should read the entire thread (which I eventually will) but I’m looking for a recommendation and hopefully a link.
Just purchased a like new unit but have read and see the included cable for the iPhone 7 can be a real PITA ergonomic wise.
Is there a cable for an iPhone 7+ that’s a bit more “pocket” friendly that I can pick up?
I get it if you guys say “read the thread” but I do hope someone can help a new owner out with some solid advice.

Also (now I’m pushing it) how about the best way to strap it on the phone without covering up the entire screen while still being able to actually use your phone without having to dismantle your entire set-up?
Thanx for any input guys....and?...:v:

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #4,671 of 4,883
Cable I used with my wife's iphone:
https://www.amazon.com/Zeskit-Light..._lf_m_novemfjqeww28h9_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=pc
Only issue for me was the cable wasn't long enough for my setup where I could flip my cover case (see below) but otherwise, worked great. I just didn't use the rear camera. I've since switched to Android.

My setup: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/opp...scussion-thread.755879/page-311#post-13935283
I can use my phone and all it's functions and also use camera if needed. Very happy so far.

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #4,672 of 4,883
Cable I used with my wife's iphone:
https://www.amazon.com/Zeskit-Light..._lf_m_novemfjqeww28h9_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=pc
Only issue for me was the cable wasn't long enough for my setup where I could flip my cover case (see below) but otherwise, worked great. I just didn't use the rear camera. I've since switched to Android.

My setup: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/opp...scussion-thread.755879/page-311#post-13935283
I can use my phone and all it's functions and also use camera if needed. Very happy so far.

You’re a rockstar! It looks like I have the exact same flip cover too. Perfect set-up.
Appreciate the cable recommendation too!

Mar 1, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #4,674 of 4,883
Does anyone or did anyone have major drop off issues? I have the latest firmware update on the IPhone 7+ and it gets to a point where it’s unusable. Constantly booting me off, putting sound out on the phone itself, switching back and forth rapid fire not knowing where to connect. It’s like it’s possessed.
Any ideas? Help please because it’s coming to a point where I can’t even use it.

Mar 1, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #4,675 of 4,883
FC7819C4-66B8-4457-942F-F762D8C5AFD0.jpeg
I just had a woah moment because I came across some info that is old because it pertains to the original HA-2, not the SE, but I don't ever recall seeing this information anywhere else.
it came in different colors:
http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000083318/
Whaaaaaaaaat!

Mar 1, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #4,676 of 4,883
Does anyone or did anyone have major drop off issues? I have the latest firmware update on the IPhone 7+ and it gets to a point where it’s unusable. Constantly booting me off, putting sound out on the phone itself, switching back and forth rapid fire not knowing where to connect. It’s like it’s possessed.
Any ideas? Help please because it’s coming to a point where I can’t even use it.
I personally have not but I can't really do much testing testing for you on my end either.
This is totally what I recall reading on this thread but doing one or more of the following has helped some:
  • Turning off one or all wireless signals (including cell, wifi, bluetooth)
  • changing the cable you're connecting to. (This is what I did with my wife's phone and I generally had better luck with anything that was mfi certified)
  • Resetting the phone to factory. Check to see if you get any drops. If not, start installing one app at a time and checking. Some have claimed software/app conflicts.
  • Lastly, try another iphone. I don't remember if it was here but one person realized it was their HA-2 where the bottom switch wasn't switching properly so it was a hardware issue on Oppo's end.
  • Also, one thing I didn't think of until just now is the music files itself. Whether you're streaming or you have files on your phone, maybe certain bit rates or VBR files can cause a hiccup in transmitting the digital file to the HA-2.
My wife has the iPhone 7 so I'll test it out on her's again when I get the chance and see if I can duplicate any issues.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #4,677 of 4,883
Thanks man. Really good feedback where I’ll look at everything you suggested other then another IPhone. If it doesn’t work on this phone, it’s really irrelevant. I get it though to dwindle down the possibilities.
Thank me again.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #4,679 of 4,883
I don't think so. It's barely been over a year I think since the SE came out and that was partially because Sabre came out with a new dac chipset. I've had mine since March of 2015 and though the battery now is about 70% of what it was before, I still enjoy it greatly. I also still think at it's price range, it's one of the sleekest, best looking portable amps out there. I know Fiio just came out with their new flagship and that looks very interesting but some who have heard both have said Oppo is still really good and unless you must have some other features that Fiio has, they aren't suggesting an upgrade. That said, IF Oppo is designing a new version, part of me really wants them to throw in a 4.4 jack. hehehe.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #4,680 of 4,883
Man, I am so pi$$ed off. After all this time (from reading this thread) that running the HA-2 with an IPhone 7+ with the latest upgrade (11.2.6) that the drop off are 1 after the other making this unplayable. It's literally every 15-30 seconds, will have to turn off unit or unplug the supplied short black Oppo cable, then start all over again. I might get lucky and get 5 minutes straight before losing it again.
There's no one out there that has this unit (not the e) and experiencing this and if so, what did you do?
I've turned of location services, Bluetooth, left on Wi-Fi, shut down all apps not being used, turned off all notifications, just about everything I can think of and nothing works except for me just junking this unit.
Any help if anyone has any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.
I figured it's gonna be crickets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back