OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jun 26, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #4,472 of 4,883
Hello guys, I just signed on here, looking for answers for the Oppo HA-2 stop playing.
Well, since the iOS 10.3.2 update it's been turn off/on then press play. Until today, when it stopped passing audio altogether. So I guess I'll just have to wait for the 10.3.3 update. I thought it was a problem with the DAC, until I came across this thread.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #4,473 of 4,883
Fingers crossed for iOS 11 release then!

Good news – after installing the iOS 11 beta I haven’t had any drops today. That’s on the same bus ride that I *always* have issues.

I did notice a handful of tiny stutters. Suspiciously, at the same points where it usually drops completely. Seems like maybe the interference issue (whatever it is) may still be there, but the OS handles it properly now. However, this was a situation where I was steaming music instead of playing offline tracks, so maybe that was it.

Regardless, the main offender seems to be fixed! I’ll post again if anything changes.

Jul 6, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #4,477 of 4,883
Sadly the search function is not as good as it was with the old site. At least I haven't figured out how you can search just within a specific thread like the old site allowed.

It's actually better. You need to check the 'Search this Thread Only' button. I also like how you can also define the person in the search criteria.

Jul 7, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #4,478 of 4,883
Sadly the search function is not as good as it was with the old site. At least I haven't figured out how you can search just within a specific thread like the old site allowed.

It's actually better. You need to check the 'Search this Thread Only' button. I also like how you can also define the person in the search criteria.

I had trouble finding that option until someone pointed out where it was. It's the Search box at the top right hand corner of the page. In Chrome it disappears from the screen as you scroll down. On the other hand, in Chrome the Search Forums menu option remains visible as you scroll, so I kept selecting that.

Jul 7, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #4,479 of 4,883
It disappears in IE too. It would be nice to make it part of the fixed banner.

Jul 8, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #4,481 of 4,883
I had trouble finding that option until someone pointed out where it was. It's the Search box at the top right hand corner of the page. In Chrome it disappears from the screen as you scroll down. On the other hand, in Chrome the Search Forums menu option remains visible as you scroll, so I kept selecting that.

I knew about the search box being up there but when I had used it before I don't recall having an option to search just the thread; maybe because I used it outside of being in a thread. I also have the same issue where it disappears so it's easy to forget about it. Thanks for the help.

Jul 8, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #4,482 of 4,883
Hey all! Sorry, not sure if this has been posted but in anticipation of the Samsung Note 8, I was thinking about having to use my HA-2 with USB-C again (never got this working with my Note 7) and I began to look if Oppo had sorted a proper cable yet. Just came across this on the Oppo UK site! https://www.oppodigital.co.uk/Accessories_info_34.html

Thank the heavens! Hopefully I can figure out how to get one to Australia but have plenty of time to sort.

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #4,483 of 4,883
Good news – after installing the iOS 11 beta I haven’t had any drops today. That’s on the same bus ride that I *always* have issues.

I did notice a handful of tiny stutters. Suspiciously, at the same points where it usually drops completely. Seems like maybe the interference issue (whatever it is) may still be there, but the OS handles it properly now. However, this was a situation where I was steaming music instead of playing offline tracks, so maybe that was it.

Regardless, the main offender seems to be fixed! I’ll post again if anything changes.

How has it been in the past 2 weeks? I'm very excited for this if true; I basically stopped using the HA2SE because of the dropouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back