OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Nov 5, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3,889 of 4,883
^^^ You might want to check with Oppo on that. I bought an Oppo HA-1 from a guy that was original owner and warranty was transferred to me.  I verified with Oppo before and after purchase. Just make sure you receive original receipt, if possible.^^^

Oppo is a different kind of company in the best way! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #3,890 of 4,883
  ^^^ You might want to check with Oppo on that. I bought an Oppo HA-1 from a guy that was original owner and warranty was transferred to me.  I verified with Oppo before and after purchase. Just make sure you receive original receipt, if possible.^^^

Oppo is a different kind of company in the best way! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I just read the HA-2 U.S./Canada warranty and you are correct, it makes no distinction about the unit being warranted to the original owner only, so as you noted, as long as the new owner has the original receipt, there should not be any problem in making any potential warranty service claim.

Transferrable warranties are quite rare in the land of electronics and Oppo is doing their customers a nice favor there, a transferrable warranty protects a product's value and allows for a higher used selling price during the warranty period.

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #3,894 of 4,883
How many hours of usage are you guys averaging on a full charge?

I have to say that's one disappointing aspect of it... I haven't put a stopwatch next to it, but I'm guessing around 6-8 hours.

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #3,899 of 4,883
Battery technology is pretty much state-of-the-art in every recently designed product. To my knowledge, no one company has any edge over another in terms of energy density.

In the end, it boils down to how heavy and bulky a rig you are willing to carry.  It might seem silly that I'm taking the time to say this, but it seems to escape some people:

If you want the convenience of a longer battery life, you'll you have to carry a heavier, bulkier device that has a larger internal battery

-or-

You can buy a slimmer, lighter-weight device that allows you to stay compact for shorter durations, carrying an external battery pack only for longer forays without using the charger.

Those are our choices.

I prefer the convertible nature of the latter choice - nicely facilitated with Oppo's decision to give us a reasonably small, slender and light HA-2.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z9QVE4Q

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back