Oppo HA-2 dropouts on iOS10.3
Apr 7, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #31 of 55
Downgraded to 10.2.1 and it's all back to working for me. If an external Dac is important for your iDevice needs, I would recommend downgrading while you can.

Apr 10, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #33 of 55
As of today with the release of the 10.3.2 beta, Apple stopped signing both 10.2.1 and 10.3. So no more downgrading possible.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #35 of 55
I got a return authorization for my Oppo through Amazon. Even before the current dropping and IOS update, it would fuzz out or slow down fairly regularly. Even if this has more to do with the OS than with Oppo, I don't need a $300 paperweight.

I've ordered a Dragonfly Red and a Jitterbug.

Did any of you using the Dragonfly resolve any issues?

Anyone heard of any other amp dac that still works?

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #38 of 55
Chord have a statement on their website re the Mojo giving the same problem, they've made Apple aware of the issue. Hoping for a resolution soon as I bought the ha-2 for iPhone use, and you certainly notice how poor the built in audio is in comparison when you go back to it!!

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #39 of 55
There is another Oppo HA-2 thread that discusses the "dropout issue" and is more active than this thread.  You all might want to read it for a recap of updates I have received from well placed people at Oppo on this issue.

In short, Apple introduced a new USB driver in the iOS 10.X update that resulted in a rash of compatibility issues with the HA-2, HA-2SE, Chord Mojo, Audioquest Dragonfly, and other DACs.  iOS 10.3 exacerbated the issue even further. Oppo engineers have been investigating a fix.  They have determined that when the iPhone does something that requires more electrical power such as sending or receiving messages, the USB data stream get interrupted.  The issue is not related to EMI, RFI, or shielding, as some head-fiers have hypothesized.  Right now, Oppo recommends switching to longer USB cables (like the Lightning cable supplied by Apple).  This is because longer cables might have less signal reflection or better impedance matching than shorter cables.  In any event, I think filing bug reports with Apple is probably the best avenue to get the issue fixed, as I am sure Apple did not mean to break compatibility with so many devices.

May 2, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #40 of 55
I have the same experience with Oppo HA 2SE and Iphone 7 plus (IOS 10.3.1). I notice that I have much less chance of dropout if I switch to High Gain setting.

With the Low gain setting my oppo will dropout every few minutes or so.

May 9, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #41 of 55
This one's on iOS. Can't imagine how OPPO feels about this. Let's face it, the HA-2SE is a phenomenal realization of the ES9028Q2M . . . along with the discrete transistor hybrid AB amp, the sound coming out of this thing is like a drug: it becomes virtually impossible to enjoy mobile audio without it.

In my case the dropouts occur when the iPhone screen dims. If I actively use the phone while listening or push the off/standby button this problem does not occur.

May 9, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #42 of 55
This one's on iOS. Can't imagine how OPPO feels about this. Let's face it, the HA-2SE is a phenomenal realization of the ES9028Q2M . . . along with the discrete transistor hybrid AB amp, the sound coming out of this thing is like a drug: it becomes virtually impossible to enjoy mobile audio without it.

In my case the dropouts occur when the iPhone screen dims. If I actively use the phone while listening or push the off/standby button this problem does not occur.

If it's on iOS, wouldn't it make more sense to post here?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7932507?start=0&tstart=0

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #45 of 55
Just installed iOS 10.3.3. No dropouts yet, knock on wood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back