Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 14, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #1,457 of 5,414
Why can't you order directly from Oppo USA? Will it be cheaper even after customs fees?

I worked this out when the HA1 was released and I could have saved about £200 including VAT and admin fees so if you are in no rush that's the way to go. Me personally? I knew a UK supplier who had a limited stock being delivered pretty much day of release. So I bit the bullet! It was worth the extra cash and more.

If you don't have a local supplier, you may as well buy direct and save some cash....

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #1,459 of 5,414

The lower the output impedance, the better. If the HA-1 truly has a 300 ohm output impedance on its rear XLR balanced outputs, that would be awesome!

One of the engineers told me that for the BDP-105/D and the HA-1 the stereo single-ended and XLR outputs are 100 ohm. I'll make any edits if the senior engineers have any corrections.

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #1,461 of 5,414
Crappy iPad photos. However the new stand.

Very classy. :)

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,463 of 5,414

One of the engineers told me that for the BDP-105/D and the HA-1 the stereo single-ended and XLR outputs are 100 ohm. I'll make any edits if the senior engineers have any corrections.

Usually the balanced output impedance should be higher than the single-ended (sometimes by as much as a factor of three). 100 ohms sounds reasonable for single-ended, but it sounds way too low for a balanced output. If you could please ask the senior-engineers to verify, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help!

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #1,464 of 5,414
  As a previous poster asked, I'm also interested in a comparison with the Burson Conductor.  I'm interested in going balanced and wanted to try to get some assurances (hah!) that I wouldn't be disappointed coming from the Burson. 

Quoting my own question, I've come across a review (the only one I could find) that was somewhat critical and thought it was worth sharing :

http://headfonics.com/2014/07/the-ha-1-headphone-dacamp-by-oppo/

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,465 of 5,414

Usually the balanced output impedance should be higher than the single-ended (sometimes by as much as a factor of three). 100 ohms sounds reasonable for single-ended, but it sounds way too low for a balanced output. If you could please ask the senior-engineers to verify, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help!

Confirmed that the XLR and single-ended outputs on the HA-1 are 100 ohm.

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #1,466 of 5,414
Quoting my own question, I've come across a review (the only one I could find) that was somewhat critical and thought it was worth sharing :

http://headfonics.com/2014/07/the-ha-1-headphone-dacamp-by-oppo/

Interesting review.

I would agree with some comments. I find the HA-1 extremely neutral. Not exciting. I had a Arcam drDac prior to this. It was a lot warmer. Which I like. However I think this was Oppo's design idea. Go neutral. People can colour the sound with whatever cans suit their taste. It kinda makes sense.

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #1,468 of 5,414
Just picked this up and I really like it. Has enough power and my hd 600s sound really good and the he 500s are driving nice. Great sound!

Got mine today also, and I have to recommend you get a balanced cable for the 600 if you're not already doing so.  It's another level getting the full power from the balanced headphone out.  Nothing too fancy with cables on my end, I'm using the re-terminated 650 cable from headroom.  

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #1,470 of 5,414
I got the Stand 

Everything is Great - Excellent - Top Notch - Pristine Packing

But Wait Wait!!! - What the Hastur???? A Blemish!!!!! 
blink.gif

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
basshead.gif

Words can describe the... $&*%@#!!!!

You feel me Hastur??? I'm Watching YOU!!!!

Cause you know what they say....

NeWayz!!!!! - I'm not Hating nor am I R-M-Aing!!!

MeThinks now is the time to order the HA-1 

and there better not be any blemishes... 

'Cause little by little nick by nick 

Somebody is gonna RMA

and buy some Schiit!!!

Peace... 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back