Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #1,052 of 5,414
I understand the Oppo has pre outs which can be used to drive a power amp. I have an integrated amp and previously used the RCA audio outputs on my Benchmark DAC1 to feed the amp a signal from the DAC. Can I do the same from the Oppo? Just send out from the DAC to my integrated amp?

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,055 of 5,414
Each input can be set independently of each other as Home Theater Bypass. Home Theater Bypass will be enabled for both outputs when engaged. It is very easy to engage. Just select the source you want to use in Home Theater Bypass using the jog dial. Press the SOURCE button until you see Home Theater Bypass appear on the front of the HA-1. Use the jog dial to select BYPASS then the SOURCE button again. At the next screen select CONFIRM with the jog dial then press the SOURCE button again.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #1,056 of 5,414
Each input can be set independently of each other as Home Theater Bypass. Home Theater Bypass will be enabled for both outputs when engaged. It is very easy to engage. Just select the source you want to use in Home Theater Bypass using the jog dial. Press the SOURCE button until you see Home Theater Bypass appear on the front of the HA-1. Use the jog dial to select BYPASS then the SOURCE button again. At the next screen select CONFIRM with the jog dial then press the SOURCE button again.

Thank you for the incredibly fast response, Hastur!

I normally wouldn't ask, but looks like I won't be getting my HA-1 due to some sketchy issues with our former landlord. Guess I will be living vicariously through everyone here...

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #1,057 of 5,414
We will not be going anywhere, so the HA-1 will always be waiting for you. And if anything, we will have refurbished products you can buy from us in the future. We generally sell refurbished product 8 to 10 months after the initial release of the product, so check back next Spring for a discount.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,059 of 5,414
You can use the player in Home Theater Bypass so the volume controls on the player are not active on the RCA/XLR outputs, and use the volume controls on the integrated amplifier.

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #1,062 of 5,414
Forget self-control.  I'm thinking about getting a pair of Adam Audio A3x or A5x active speakers to mount on the wall, and an Adam sub...

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #1,064 of 5,414
Just settling in with my new HA-1 and Audeze LCD-XC cans. Quick question: should I do High Gain and keep the volume dial low, or Standard Gain and crank the volume? I would think High Gain, but the manual says the opposite!

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #1,065 of 5,414
What kind of difference will the hd800, alpha dog, and he500 have going from se to balanced with the ha1?

Read this post

A basic explanation of what to expect from balanced output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back