Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #1,006 of 5,414
I suggest you try the Sennheiser HD650

Thanks. I will do. :wink:

I also want to give the HA-1 a tick as a pre-amp.

I'm running mine into a very high quality rig.

HA-1 into a Marantz SR7008 into two Marantz MM7055 power amps into bi-amped (280 watts each) Polk audio RTIA7 floor standing speakers with two SVS SB ultra 13's subs.

The HA-1 is a lot smoother than the Marantz DAC or the Arcam irDac that I just retired. The blend of bass is far more convincing.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #1,007 of 5,414
  I am, and absolutely, it is on par with the MJOLNIR/GUNGNIR.  I can usually get away with low gain, but depending on the source material and my mood (how loud do I want it?) sometimes I go to high gain.  When in high gain, I cannot make it to "11", but when I try to get close... the sound is absolutely crystal clear with no distortion with an unbelievable punch; it sounds incredible, only problem is my ears start to bleed.

When you say, your ears start bleeding, do they bleed from absymal lows, from abrasive treble or heavy-weight cans of the LCD-3. How is the LCD-3 with regard to "overheated" and "cooked" ears? Do your ears "peal-off" after more than one hour of listening? I would love to buy LCD-3 that will pair with my HA-1, but I am afraid about my ears and my head (weight of cans, heat dissipation of my ears, tinnitus...). Please share your experience in pairing HA-1 with LCD-3 in more detail, if possible. (No bloody ears in this forum)

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #1,008 of 5,414
And why does the front usb support iPods...

..., then label it as the freaking Fruit-Only-Port that it is. .... 

Haha I never owned an iPhone or ipod as it always struck me as a girls toy.
It is not manly..
Android is superior and manly to me..
That's why I don't have the ease of use that iPhone/ipod users have :frowning2:

The difference is in the pin configuration in the micro USB end of the cable so that the device can act as a host instead of a peripheral. Without the OTG cable with its magic pin configuration it acts a peripheral that can not feed music to the HA-1. This is accomplished through the Mobile USB connection.

Thanks for clarification.
It's not ipod only then..

I haven't heard the PM-1 but from what I gather they are a brilliant match with the HA-1 (go figure).

I can say that the LCD-2 revision 2 (pre-Fazor model) sounds fantastic with the HA-1 when I want that thicker sound. All the details are there but the warmth of the sound is just heaven when the mood strikes.

Edit: PM-1 is at the top of my short list for my next set.

I used to own the PM1..
:p

Okay. Knowing me I would rather the PM-1.

However at $1000+ price range I would rather the Audeze instead. I really want to try a wood can. :atsmile:  

The LCD2 is audibly superior to the PM1 .. To me.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #1,009 of 5,414

Test OPPO HA-1: Reference HDfever award for extraordinary DAC!

Tracks and measures in Nico >>
Tracks and measures in Nico >>
Here is a marathon review of the HA-1 by Nicolas Bécuwe of HDFever on July 10, 2014.    No doubt this is the most diverse technically/image laden review you will have the pleasure of viewing.
L3000.gif

source

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #1,010 of 5,414
Maxx134 said:
Haha I never owned an iPhone or ipod as it always struck me as a girls toy.
It is not manly..
Android is superior and manly to me..

Huh???? I think there are a couple million men who may not agree, lol.
They do come in various colors for those who want something away from basic black/grey, but beyond that your notion is a bit odd.

The LCD2 is audibly superior to the PM1 .. To me.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

Even some of the most respected industry critics have said they think the PM-1 sounds better than the LC2. (Tyll Hertsens of Innerfidelity was one)
I don't have any personal experience with the LCD2 though, so can't comment from that angle.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,011 of 5,414
Jul 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #1,013 of 5,414
Interesting that they mentioned that it should have better isolation.

I have a spare pair of very high quality iso feet. I will install this weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #1,014 of 5,414
Huh???? I think there are a couple million men who may not agree, lol.
They do come in various colors for those who want something away from basic black/grey, but beyond that your notion is a bit odd.
Even some of the most respected industry critics have said they think the PM-1 sounds better than the LC2. (Tyll Hertsens of Innerfidelity was one)
I don't have any personal experience with the LCD2 though, so can't comment from that angle.

Haha yeah Ur right, I'm just talking from a software developer's prospective of phone operating systems & just not liking apple.

Also I respect Tyll reviews and as a whole it is a ground breaking change to portability, and that's it for me.
If he says the sound is better then it must be so but I think he said it was a toss up..
I would agree in sound probably similar level..

Anyway one thing for sure is this HA-1 is just a sweet home run for oppo..
I think they reset the bar with this unit..

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #1,015 of 5,414
When you say, your ears start bleeding, do they bleed from absymal lows, from abrasive treble or heavy-weight cans of the LCD-3. How is the LCD-3 with regard to "overheated" and "cooked" ears? Do your ears "peal-off" after more than one hour of listening? I would love to buy LCD-3 that will pair with my HA-1, but I am afraid about my ears and my head (weight of cans, heat dissipation of my ears, tinnitus...). Please share your experience in pairing HA-1 with LCD-3 in more detail, if possible. (No bloody ears in this forum)

I don't have any of those issues you mention with the LCD3.

The LCD-3 are superior to the HP1 as you would expect. The HP1 to my ears is better than the LCD2.

One thing I have found is the HA1 is a perfect companion for the HD800's which I nearly sold before/to fund the HA1. I am so glad I didn't get rid of them as this combo is my go to most evenings. The HP1 shines when using the Bushmaster DAC into the HA1 as I find the HP1 to be quite shrill with electronica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back