1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by aamefford, May 7, 2014.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last
  1. Badas

Thanks. I will do. :wink:

I also want to give the HA-1 a tick as a pre-amp.

I'm running mine into a very high quality rig.

HA-1 into a Marantz SR7008 into two Marantz MM7055 power amps into bi-amped (280 watts each) Polk audio RTIA7 floor standing speakers with two SVS SB ultra 13's subs.

The HA-1 is a lot smoother than the Marantz DAC or the Arcam irDac that I just retired. The blend of bass is far more convincing.

2. PerfectHiFi

When you say, your ears start bleeding, do they bleed from absymal lows, from abrasive treble or heavy-weight cans of the LCD-3. How is the LCD-3 with regard to "overheated" and "cooked" ears? Do your ears "peal-off" after more than one hour of listening? I would love to buy LCD-3 that will pair with my HA-1, but I am afraid about my ears and my head (weight of cans, heat dissipation of my ears, tinnitus...). Please share your experience in pairing HA-1 with LCD-3 in more detail, if possible. (No bloody ears in this forum)

3. Maxx134
    Haha I never owned an iPhone or ipod as it always struck me as a girls toy.
    It is not manly..
    Android is superior and manly to me..
    That's why I don't have the ease of use that iPhone/ipod users have :frowning2:

Thanks for clarification.
    It's not ipod only then..

I used to own the PM1..
    :p

The LCD2 is audibly superior to the PM1 .. To me.
    Sorry to burst your bubble.
    :p

4. HiFiAudio
    Umeshdhingra likes this.
  5. Smarty-pants

Huh???? I think there are a couple million men who may not agree, lol.
    They do come in various colors for those who want something away from basic black/grey, but beyond that your notion is a bit odd.

Even some of the most respected industry critics have said they think the PM-1 sounds better than the LC2. (Tyll Hertsens of Innerfidelity was one)
    I don't have any personal experience with the LCD2 though, so can't comment from that angle.

6. Smarty-pants
  7. HiFiAudio
    HDFever has done that before, but for all the readers here, I thought that review i found today was highly insightful, in regards to parts used, build quality, design, lab tests, and other aspects. 

8. Badas
    Interesting that they mentioned that it should have better isolation.

I have a spare pair of very high quality iso feet. I will install this weekend. [​IMG]

9. Maxx134
    Haha yeah Ur right, I'm just talking from a software developer's prospective of phone operating systems & just not liking apple.

Also I respect Tyll reviews and as a whole it is a ground breaking change to portability, and that's it for me.
    If he says the sound is better then it must be so but I think he said it was a toss up..
    I would agree in sound probably similar level..

Anyway one thing for sure is this HA-1 is just a sweet home run for oppo..
    I think they reset the bar with this unit..

10. SpudHarris Contributor

I don't have any of those issues you mention with the LCD3.

The LCD-3 are superior to the HP1 as you would expect. The HP1 to my ears is better than the LCD2.

One thing I have found is the HA1 is a perfect companion for the HD800's which I nearly sold before/to fund the HA1. I am so glad I didn't get rid of them as this combo is my go to most evenings. The HP1 shines when using the Bushmaster DAC into the HA1 as I find the HP1 to be quite shrill with electronica.

11. MattTCG
    I'm interested in picking the HA-1 for my hd800's running balanced. Anyone here with thoughts on the pairing?

thanks...

12. akhyar

My HA-1 should be here next week while my balanced WyWires Red cable are in postage from USA at the moment :D

13. preproman
    Question about the USB input on the front panel. 

Can you use a USB stick with FLAC, AIFF files on it - or do you "have" to use an iDevice?

14. sbgunn

Nope. You can't use any kind of storage on the front port.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

15. sbgunn

That's my setup. I have the 800s connected with a moon audio balanced cable. I really enjoy it. Gets plenty loud on normal gain and the audio quality is great.

First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last