Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #962 of 5,414

My local dealer in Singapore told me that the HA-1 will be available for delivery locally sometimes next week.

Which dealer is that? Didn't realise there was a Singaporean Oppo dealer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #963 of 5,414

Which dealer is that? Didn't realise there was a Singaporean Oppo dealer
smily_headphones1.gif

SLT Tech has been bringing-in Oppo's products to Singapore for the past 5-6 years already, from the DVD players, Blu-ray players to HA-1 and PM-1.
Not sure about Oppo handphone's though 
biggrin.gif

Their authorised dealers include Song Brothers, E1 Personal Audio, Audio Iconic, etc

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #964 of 5,414
  BAH!! I never got a promotional disk!!

Notice the markings on the back of the demo disc: OPPODigital.com.hk.

This is something that was cooked up for the Asian market. It is likely not something that we will carry (or at least, not the selections they have) since the licensing is for that region (reference the two record labels in the lower right hand corner).

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #965 of 5,414

This is something that was cooked up for the Asian market. It is likely not something that we will carry (or at least, not the selections they have) since the licensing is for that region (reference the two record labels in the lower right hand corner).

Oh. 

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #966 of 5,414

SLT Tech has been bringing-in Oppo's products to Singapore for the past 5-6 years already, from the DVD players, Blu-ray players to HA-1 and PM-1.
Not sure about Oppo handphone's though 
biggrin.gif

Their authorised dealers include Song Brothers, E1 Personal Audio, Audio Iconic, etc

Oh thanks! I've actually bought from them before (Mad Dogs), but I didn't know if they're still in business because their website has been under construction for the longest time. Thanks for the info! You've probably saved me a lot of time/money as I was going to order directly from Oppo NA 
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #967 of 5,414
Oh thanks! I've actually bought from them before (Mad Dogs), but I didn't know if they're still in business because their website has been under construction for the longest time. Thanks for the info! You've probably saved me a lot of time/money as I was going to order directly from Oppo NA :beerchug:

U'r welcome bro.
Btw, the HA-1 is selling for S$1785 locally.
Previously I auditioned the demo set at Song Bro and E1, not sure if the demo HA-1 is still in SG

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #972 of 5,414
Jul 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #973 of 5,414
  BAH!! I never got a promotional disk!!

I don't know what's on that promo disk distributed in Asia, but anyone can download these hi-res sample files made available by OPPO:

http://oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

Mike

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #974 of 5,414
I'm also looking at the HA-1 for the TH-900's.  I'm concerned that the (nominal) 25 ohm impedance spec for the TH-900's falls below the recommended value of 30 ohm for the HA-1.  I read in a Benchmark article that running below the spec can possible degrade the performance of the amp or even damage it (depending on the amp).  I asked Oppo about this, and got the following prompt reply:

"The HA-1 will work lower impedance headphones, but there is a higher chance that you will be able to hear errors such as the Noise-Floor being amplified due to too much power being sent to these headphones and the low resistance/impedance of the headphones. We have seen this with IEMs which are 12Ohm, and on very sensitive 32Ohm headphones.  Damage to the headphone amplifier will not occur, but you just might hear a low level amount of noise between music passages when using the Fostex to the HA-1."

Are any of you hearing this "low level amount of noise" with this combo?  Would this be a bad combo for someone who likes/needs to listen at lower volume levels?  Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #975 of 5,414
Just got my silver on on Suday :) I must say I had the black on loan and its cool but silver is amazing in real life.

45807_10204174878833642_440672800869750603_n.jpg

Wow nice pic!!
More!

I'm also looking at the HA-1 for the TH-900's.  I'm concerned that the (nominal) 25 ohm impedance spec for the TH-900's falls below the recommended value of 30 ohm for the HA-1.  I read in a Benchmark article that running below the spec can possible degrade the performance of the amp or even damage it (depending on the amp).  I asked Oppo about this, and got the following prompt reply:

"The HA-1 will work lower impedance headphones, but there is a higher chance that you will be able to hear errors such as the Noise-Floor being amplified due to too much power being sent to these headphones and the low resistance/impedance of the headphones. We have seen this with IEMs which are 12Ohm, and on very sensitive 32Ohm headphones.  Damage to the headphone amplifier will not occur, but you just might hear a low level amount of noise between music passages when using the Fostex to the HA-1."

Are any of you hearing this "low level amount of noise" with this combo?  Would this be a bad combo for someone who likes/needs to listen at lower volume levels?  Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

I can try with the th600 once I get home later today. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back