OPPO HA-1 Headphone Amplifier Officially Released and Back In Stock
May 20, 2014 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
We are very pleased to announce that after a successful launch of the HA-1 Headphone Amplifier on May 7th, 2014, we have obtained additional stock of the HA-1 and they will be shipping immediately. You can purchase the HA-1 Headphone Amplifier direct on our website at OPPODigital.com

The analog audio section of the HA-1 is a fully balanced design with an emphasis on keeping the audio signal in the analog domain once it leaves the DAC. The HA-1 is anchored by a hefty toroidal power transformer, and linear power regulators and filters with custom made capacitors ensure that the headphone amplifier has a clean power source with plenty of reserve energy. The fully balanced Class A power amplification section uses hand-picked and paired discrete components to ensure symmetry, and a motor-driven precision volume control knob allows for both manual and remote control volume adjustment while keeping the audio in a pure analog audio path.

The beautiful "silver" edition of the HA-1 is still unavailable at this time, but it is scheduled to be released in June 2014. As you can see from the following image, it will be well worth the wait:

May 22, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Please forgive me if this has been answered before or if it's a naive question. Can I use just the amp section of the HA-1 as I have a W4S DAC 2 DSD se. I've been intrigued by the OPPO stuff for a while and am ready to pull the trigger on both the phone and the amp if I can keep the W4S dac in the path.

Thanks

BagelJoe

May 28, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 5
  Please forgive me if this has been answered before or if it's a naive question. Can I use just the amp section of the HA-1 as I have a W4S DAC 2 DSD se. I've been intrigued by the OPPO stuff for a while and am ready to pull the trigger on both the phone and the amp if I can keep the W4S dac in the path.

Thanks

BagelJoe

Yes, the HA-1 will act as an amplifier if you already have a DAC that you want to connect to it.

May 28, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 5
  Can the HA-1 properly drive the HE-6?

Sorry for the late replies. I totally forgot to subscribe to this announcement.

We have used the HA-1 with a wide range of headphones and have not found a headphone that we could not drive to a comfortable listening level. For the HE-6 you will want to use the balanced output to take advantage of the 4x additional power offered through this output versus the single-ended output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back