- Dec 23, 2012
- Reaction score
- 2x4K HDMI outputs
- Supports 3D video
- Plays Blu-rays, SACDs, and just about any other kind of hi-res CD you can think of. I believe it also lets you rip SACDs, but I haven't tried this myself.
- Streaming from TIDAL and Plex via native apps (no MQA). Also has native apps for Netflix, Youtube, and more
- Can play music and movies from USB thumb drives or hard drives
- PureAudio mode turns off all non-audio processing for an even blacker background when listening to music
- Cirrus Logic DAC with 7.1 or 6.2 output and volume control
- Excellent S/PDIF source (coaxial and Toslink) up to 24bit/192kHz. It beats Schiit Audio's Gen5 USB!
- HDMI inputs and HDMI ARC aka Audio Return Channel over HDMI allows you to bypass your TV as a digital source
- Oppo Media Control app allows you to control the unit and stream music over Tidal/Plex/local files without having it hooked up to a TV
The unit comes with no remote, but can be controlled via universal remote and the Oppo app. I use a cheap universal remote and it works great. There are a few small dings and scratches, but overall the unit looks great and is fully functional. I have been using it as an SPDIF source with my Schiit Bifrost Multibit, because it sounds better than the Gen5 USB input.
Again, these are out of production. Price is firm and includes $20 shipping to the continental US. For international or HI/AK, the buyer agrees to pay the full cost of shipping. Local pickup for $280 is available for anyone willing to come to central Connecticut.