opionions on a new Headphone amp plz :0)
Nov 16, 2002 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chivalry

100+ Head-Fier
hiya.. i see theres a few posts about this alrdy but was wondering if any "newer" opinions had arisen yet..
i recently purchased a set of senn 580`s and am looking for an amp to accompany them,,, my choices are this

Rega Ear for £119
creek for 129
X-cans v2 for 149
or get a meta 42 built for a similer price... although with me living in the UK after shipping and stuff it effects how much i could spend on the amp :0( cuase id have to get JMT to build and ship it.
so plz help me decide whats the bets choice,, obviosly i am limited in funds so the rega is vry appealing... but i would spend the extra for the creek or x-cans if they truly have a higher sound quality... thnx for helping... :0)

Nov 16, 2002 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 8
If you can wait a few days more, I will most probably be able to tell you, how the Project Headbox fares against the Corda HA-1, which might be interesting. I haven't got any experience with your other choices, though - but the Headbox should be available in Britain, too. Over here it's 200 Euro...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 17, 2002 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 8
i was hoping for a little more input... lol

Nov 19, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Oh - I can only deliver output.
wink.gif
Anyway, what about some first impressions from the HeadBox? I've received it today...
smily_headphones1.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 19, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 8
You should send JMT a PM to find out how much a META42 would cost. I am expecting my JMT max-out META42 to arrive very, very soon... JMT is a great guy to deal with. I have a feeling that you'll get the best value from a META...

Nov 21, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, so far the HeadBox is not a real winner in my ears - I can't seem to get proper bass out of it with the K240S. The Porta Corda (old version) sounds much better to me even running only on a NiMH-cell. I guess, I'll give it a few more chances with a different cable and some higher impedant headphone, though, before I give up and book it under "200 Euro not well spent"...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back